Changing odd bathroom light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG-20181018-WA0005.jpg IMG-20181018-WA0006.jpg

Hi all,

I have a light in my bathroom that has been there since I moved in. It has recently died and when I have removed to cover I did not find the bulb I was expecting to find!

Any advice on how to fix lighting like this?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The round power supply may be the problem, and it might be possible to obtain a replacement.
In reality, most people would just replace the entire light fitting.
Welcome to the new world of lights which claim to last for ever and save the world's resources, but in reality fail just as often as anything else and add to the vast pile of unrepairable electronics.

That power supply is a constant current driver, theres so many variations you could eventually get one only to find its the actual leds knackered, be carefull them leds could have quite a highish voltage, in excess of 50 volts across them, personally i wouldnt waste time on it and replace it

Are all the LEDs in series, meaning the failure of one taking the whole lot out?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back