Changing Vented S plan to Unvented S Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all, I’m a drainage engineer with a plumbing background. My property is an old 1930’s, has an indirect vented cyclinder, f+e in loft and also water tank storage in loft. Would like to replace the vented with an unvented. Same location as existing, really good mains pressure on 15mm. I’m going on a G3 course in two weeks so I can do my own...legally...I have an ideal logic H24 boiler. Is this a case of removing the F+e tank in loft and tank water storage tank, connecting new cyclinder in its place, but adapting pipework with the flow and return into megaflo and no longer in loft. Megaflo has the vessel inside right? So instal prv and the two Honeywell valves stay in same place. And I will also cut out the Stuart Turner pump for shower pipework

Sponsored Links
if you are doing away with the F&E tank, you will neeed to install an expansion vessel and guage , filling loop and PRV,for the heating system side, these can be bought as a kit

Just keep the heating f and e . Change the cylinder and hot water f and e

Sponsored Links
If the cylinder location is all internal, plan your pressure drain run before you go too far.

Back