Charnwood, good wishes mate.

Sponsored Links
Keep fighting the blooming stuff,just keep thinking you have cancer,not cancer has you.

Think positive. Advances are being made in this field of medicine all the time.

Wish me luck. :cool:
You got it! And love, best wishes, respect, and so much more from so many....

Keep in touch here when you can Charnwood, or via loved ones when you're not feeling quite like the lion I see you as. :)

(Thanks mods. Doin' a grand job ;) )

Sponsored Links
I don't actually know how people 'fight' cancer to be honest Charnwood, but however you are dealing/coping fighting it then I wish you all the best in your endeavour mate.

Good luck for the future and, as has been said before, keep visiting us here even if its to blow your top at something. Take care.

Some have a fighting spirit.

They don't let an illness, condition or disease get them down. They remain cheerful and determined throughout.

CW appears to have this in buckets and seems to be very much in control: he's a better man than me in that respect.

CW, you may be very weak but at least you are up and about still fighting!

A lesser fellow might be in bed quivering like a jelly...

You are doing the right thing by being positive and optimistic -- that will get you through. Not only through your day but through your ordeal and sailing out the other side.

It may only seem a minute improvement day by day but that's all it takes. In no time you will be feeling a whole heap better than you are currently.

As my Mum used to say when I was recovering from Achilles tendon correction surgery as a kid, "slowly, slowly, catchy monkey"...

Best wishes, fella.

securespark, PMA is getting me through (Positive Mental Attitude).
There are days when it doesn't kick in, but you have to get through - and do.

I had my very last chemotherapy session yesterday. 12 sessions in total, every fortnight without a break, which I've been led to believe is unusual. most have to miss a sesh or two for one reason or another.
They upped the chemo dose a month back and it makes recovery worse and longer, but I struggle through.
All I've got to do now is get it out of my system, ween off as many of the other meds as possible and get back to some sort of semblance of normality, get some strength back in my legs and away we go. Did I say "All I've got to do now....". I think thats more than enough!

Thanks one and all for your good wishes and morale boosts. Every little helps!

PMA!

That's amazing.

You're over the chemo now.

Now you've got the easy bit - it's all downhill now!!!

;)

Think I need a sliver of your PMA...

I had a car with it on the reg, but it hasn't rubbed off on me.

Think I need a sliver of your PMA...

I had a car with it on the reg, but it hasn't rubbed off on me.

No SS, your memory is going. It was your wifes car and it was PMT!

Charnwood, Congratulations for completing the chemo. Best wishes for a speedy removal of all the toxins you have to get shut of. Keep your chin up and remember we are here for you if you need to let off steam or even just talk.

Take care and give our best wishes to your wife and family who must also be going through their own personal hell with you.

I honestly don't know how I've missed this thread Charnwood, Much apologies for not commenting sooner, but may I say I wish you the best of everything. Lost my mum to cancer some years back and honestly I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Anyway, look after yourself. ;) ;) ;)

I missed the thread and sincerely wish you all the best.
I really do.

My wifes had breast cancer thought we'd got over it operation/ radio therapy.....but shes felt two more lumps a week back so now its a waiting game all over again.

It goes without saying but make the most of things and you can let your family know how much they mean to you.

Take each day as it comes.

Feel for you. Dave

I think it's true to say unless you are affected in someway with cancer you don't really think too much about it.

So yesterday I find out chap I've sat a few meters away from at work for nearly 10 years has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is starting treatment, then I read shocking stats like only 3% diagnosed survive 5 years, and how cancer rates are increasing - makes you really reflect on life.

Just to say I wish you well in the days and months ahead, Well done for the PMA!

Gasbanni, sorry to hear about your wife.
I sincerely hope she conquers it once and for all this time.

Me too.

Isn't it said that one in three people will develop cancer at some time in their life? It could happen to any of us.

On the other hand, great strides are being made in treating cancers so, presumably, despite the alarmingly large numbers developing them there seems to be more and more hope of lengthy remissions.

Sponsored Links
Back