Charnwood, good wishes mate.

So sad to read this, all I can add to Charnwood is simply keep smiling and remember "Where there is life, there is hope"

Sponsored Links
I am very sorry you have to go through this, I admire your courage and strength to fight this disease. My prayers and encouragement are with you & you are an inspiration to me and many others.

Charnwood... in the few posts you've made, given your circumstance you seem incredibly strong - which must help your family as well as you. And is to be admired hugely.

Do you have a plan, going forward? What is your prognosis? weeks? months? are you able to travel? see the northern lights? Whale watching?

But the big question for me is how do you fulfill all the family things? Quality time with your nearest and dearest has to be key..?

Sponsored Links
First, someone thanked me for going through the topic thanking you all. You all deserve the thanks for the support you've given me!

Second, I'm a realist. If a days got your name on it' it's your day. But, I'm not taking it lying down. PMA!

No prognosis 'til the chemo's done its bit.

Last, the good (???) news; we got wed yesterday! Trish, my partner of 17 years through thick and thin, and I did the deed. Small affair, family and close friends. It about killed me cos I'm still not over chemo session 1, struggling with eating and drinking. People having heard on the grapevine, Farcebook and ****ter turning up out of the blue didn't help.
Brave face time.

The wedding has been in the offing for some time and was always gonna be October. Trish wanted rid of the previous idiots surname.

Excellent news!

Congratulations!

Hope you were able to ignore the unwanted and concentrate on the important bits.

It's a busy and tiring enough day when you're fit and well... I think you've done yourself, your new Wife and your family proud.

Keep strong and savour every minute of it - you've waited long enough!!

Late reading this and very saddened to hear it Charnwood.

I lost my mother to cancer, disseminated throughout her body, so basically they just sewed her back up and we waited for the inevitable. My dear cousin lost her long battle to it as well just last year, only 45 years old, leaving her 7 year old son behind.

So I know all too well, especially when it comes to cancer, we should all be thinking ‘there but for the grace of God go I’. I am constantly reminded of this fact, as I work for the NHS in Rehab. You might think that people like me or 'us' hearing bad news like this, and seeing it every week, is something you get used to - but you don’t; I certainly never do!

Although I don’t know you, from the posts and praises here you are a gentleman whom some here would do well to emulate. Just as with my late mother, cousin, (and brother), I am in awe of your stoicism, bravery and humour!

At times like this I truly am lost for words. What I do know and will say, however, is we’re all on the same journey and destination regardless and irrespective of where anyone thinks that is. So I will see you there ;)

Good luck Charnwood and my very best wishes and respect.

Tony

I dont look in the general forum very much so have been late replying, i lost my mother and father to the C word and know how much of a struggle it is for both yourself and your family, i truly wish you well, you seem to have strength through this which is admirable,
All the best

Congratulations on your getting hitched! And also all the best with what you are going through. I can only echo what others have said, you seem to have a strength and attitude I can only admire.
My boss suffered with a cancer very similar and My grandma is also your situation now and I know it's often the family, not the sufferer which find these things hardest to bare so please pass my best wishes to your wife and I hope she also has the love and support for her that she will no doubt be giving to you.

Dan

good luck mate all been said
just remember to sort any niggling problems with friends and family so no one has to say "i wish i had"---

Congratulations on getting hitched Charnwood.
May every moment you spend together be full of love and laughter. As said, you are an inspiration to people and you make the rest of us put our problems into perspective.
I wish you both a long, and happy life. (Yes, I believe in miracles).

just remember to sort any niggling problems with friends and family
Don't do problems, and they all love me to bits for it. :)

ask them if there is any part off your life and general knowlege they would like to talk about like family tree your childhood your worklife the naughty but natural things you got up to in your live
some off the things my dad got up to as a stoker and driver on the steam engines and later diesels and electric where well worth the story :D

Sponsored Links
Back