chased singles

Much less of a hazard than not. You are going to have to re-run the cables any way, why not use twin and earth sheathed PVC cable?

my worry or concern is where do put in a junction box for connection the the t&e cables ideally I would have preferred the grey stuff. there is little room for maneuver at the back of the box with the wires in a 35mm box

Sponsored Links
The existing single box in your photo becomes your junction box. Plenty of room in there for three Wago connectors.

Use T&E. one cable runs through that single box. The other cable that goes down, all you need is to make a junction in that box for three wires. Use Wago connectors. It’s not difficult.
The first image shows where the line feed is coming from which is the image your familiar with about the looped cables
so I clip and connect the t&e but its the loop that is bugging me as i would need two twins for the six wires

Sponsored Links
WA413.JPG
The existing single box in your photo becomes your junction box. Plenty of room in there for three Wago connectors.
you mean this??

Last edited:
The first image shows where the line feed is coming from which is the image your familiar with about the looped cables
so I clip and connect the t&e but its the loop that is bugging me as i would need two twins for the six wires
The loop stays were it is. It’s the singles from the right. Two twin an earth cables. One goes straight through into the socket box. The second needs joiningbin the single box. Only 3 conductors to connect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back