chased singles

You would have to do the joints in the back of a socket.

I'm just trying to work out if you could use oval tube...

It's not as tough as PVC 20mm round, yet otherwise not much different apart from fewer fittings available.

Could he get away with oval?

In my mind I just wouldn't, it seems a bit rough, yet I can't say for sure...

You can't get a nice bend or corner for a start, so that would potentially mean the cable could easily get damaged.

20mm round conduit is what you really want.

Yeah been looking for a 90 degree bend for the oval and its near impossible plus the couplers

Sponsored Links
i thought if you use the wide oval pipe and squeeze it, it will then fit a 20mm round bend and couplers, bit rough though

Sponsored Links
Can oval be used with singles in a wall?

I can't see it being massively wrong, just rough?
Not sure theres any Reg against it, providing the cables are totally within and no gaps, they make converters to do it properly, but as said i am sure 25 oval squeezes down to fit a 20mm bushed box adapter

ora20.jpg

https://www.superlecdirect.com/p-or...VlsVy6vS1cP7FN-4pbwsPPOoyD7RUjqhoCmeQQAvD_BwE

20mm oval would squash into a 20mm circular hole in a back box, without the grommet.

How long is the chase - is it that hard to chase it in a bit deeper?

20mm oval would squash into a 20mm circular hole in a back box, without the grommet.

How long is the chase - is it that hard to chase it in a bit deeper?
The initial chase the one that I plastered over was 20mm in some parts but on the corners less just below the plaster
The chase i made was for the whole living room was just about 5 meter hence why am shy to go at it again

Much less of a hazard than not. You are going to have to re-run the cables any way, why not use twin and earth sheathed PVC cable?

That's some of the bedroom chase that i done and as you can see from the last image their is some sort of loop from one Conduit to the other meaning that I could not remove the back box

The other photos are for the work that I had done which i had just capped the singles and one coat plastered them
IMG_20210126_045349.jpg
IMG_20210126_045336.jpg
IMG_20210126_045349.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_045403.jpg
    IMG_20210126_045403.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 37
Use T&E. one cable runs through that single box. The other cable that goes down, all you need is to make a junction in that box for three wires. Use Wago connectors. It’s not difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back