Singles in chase

Sponsored Links
I may be thick, but why are 5 way wagos needed?
Am trying to cut and change the singles to twin and earth so that I can bury it in the chase
So at the moment am looking at joining the six single to their equivalent in the twin and earth to the 4 sockets on one room and two on another room
Unless my thought process is wrong and I just need a single twin and earth cable??

Sponsored Links
Better to change the whole length to twin and earth rather than just a little section, replace it back to the next socket etc.

Better to change the whole length to twin and earth rather than just a little section, replace it back to the next socket etc.
That's my intention it's covers a whole room chase of 5 sockets and another which is just sockets that were changed from a single to two gang
So is that way of doing things in order?, Using the five way wagos?

That's my intention it's covers a whole room chase of 5 sockets and another which is just sockets that were changed from a single to two gang
So is that way of doing things in order?, Using the five way wagos?

Can you do a basic drawing/diagram with what exactly the singles all do? Sparkwright is right here there shouldn't be a need to use them if you're changing singles for T&E

Can you do a basic drawing/diagram with what exactly the singles all do? Sparkwright is right here there should be a need to use them if you're changing singles for T&E
IMG_20211122_191912.jpg

The singles start from that socket feed from a conduit coming from below

And which then feeds these sockets and one other one a wall on the other side of the last image

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_191939.jpg
    IMG_20211122_191939.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20211122_191912.jpg
    IMG_20211122_191912.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 53
Yes and I believe you correctly corrected me sir
No, not me :)
Maybe i am in the minority but I still think the same, Oval conduit with the existing singles, from the single box to the first twin box looks possible, should squeeze down and go in the old 3/4 box hole, I feel it is far preferable than a mass of Joints, you can still likely replace the links between sockets with T and E, hence the only joints are in the socket terminals

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back