Cheap dust extraction unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got a recommendation for a cheap dust extraction unit? It will only have light use in a DIY setup but I'd like it to activate when the tool is used. Probably will be used with mitre saw and sander mostly

Sponsored Links
I have an Aldi one that looks very similar to the Screwfix ones.
wet/dry with power take off. Stainless bucket plastic top

Have you got a direct link to the Screwfix one? The hyperlinks above just go to the main site.

Sponsored Links
Is there a gizmo that can be fitted in place of a power take off, to start the vac with tool activation?

Record Power dx1000
Does not auto activate and is noisy.
But is reasonably priced, massive suction power, has 0.5micron filter (a critically important requirement in my opinion), does not block and massive capacity.

But likely best you get the small Screwfix one.

we have a couple of them in the workshop - you nearly need ear defenders for them. hate them

Have you got a direct link to the Screwfix one

there a gizmo that can be fitted in place of a power take off, to start the vac with tool activation

you nearly need ear defenders for them. hate them
Definitely agree - always need to use ear defenders with these. But the 0.5micron filter was my deciding factor as the other vacs (in this price range) were passing through that sized dust.

Definitely agree - always need to use ear defenders with these. But the 0.5micron filter was my deciding factor as the other vacs (in this price range) were passing through that sized dust.
Is this the difference between L and M class?

The 'class' defines the amount of dust that is removed, 99, 99.9 and 99.995%, not the size.

But inherently the more that is removed means that more of the small stuff is removed. And the small micron sized dust is the stuff that harms the lungs the most.

But at this price range you are unlikely to get a class rating.

More details here

Last edited:
Great info, thanks. As it's only very light use I can also open up the garage door and or wear a mask if I feel the need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back