Checking the car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Pred is off on another course this weekend and asked me to check the car over, the only fly in the ointment was one of the dryboluck reservoirs was low. first off I assumed it was the brakes but was not 100% there was no writing on the filler cap, so tried utube, soon realized it was not brakes and thought it was crutch oil but still not sure, Dot4 in brakes and clutch, after much ado I realized it was power steering, a good hour wasted due to the label missing, at least I didn't top it up with the Dot4, that would have been frothy... :confused:

Sponsored Links
You should have just waited until a dashboard warning light came on like everybody else.. :)

Ah, if only car manufacturers would provide an owners manual.

I wonder if there is a market for some kind of car maintenance book?

Sponsored Links
Ah, if only car manufacturers would provide an owners manual.

I wonder if there is a market for some kind of car maintenance book?

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

I hunted high and low for the friggin handbook and couldn't find it.

I should have asked on here, how many own Mondeo's? As a matter of interest if you have a Mondeo hit the thanks button.

Thanks, I knew I should have asked last night, the only thing I don't understand is the "cookies" they use to download info. so as I don't understand I'm somewhat dubious, are these things safe?

I've got some quite old Duckhams red ATF that I use for topping up power steering, I hardly use any so it lasts for years.

Will old formulations not suit?

I remember when I first started teaching (1974) in the absence of dope, booze or fags, one of the popular schoolboy tipples was a gulp of engine oil (really).
'Pint of Visco Static, please'
John :D

I've got some quite old Duckhams red ATF that I use for topping up power steering, I hardly use any so it lasts for years.

Will old formulations not suit?

The same stuff is often used for auto transmission top ups, which usually enjoy the higher specced stuff - Dextron III.
John :)

yes, I must have bought a few bottles when I had a car with Borg Warner box, not used up so hope it's still OK for power steering top-up.

I know brake fluid formulations change and old ones should not be used in modern cars.

I remember when I first started teaching (1974) in the absence of dope, booze or fags, one of the popular schoolboy tipples was a gulp of engine oil (really).
'Pint of Visco Static, please'
John :D

Err I think I'll stick to my Guiness and Cider :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back