Chem Fix Vs Concrete Screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which is peoples preference for fixing wall plates? Chem fix threaded rod into wall and bolt back or use concrete screws?

Sponsored Links
Depends what your wall is made of. In brick or block i usually use long screws & plugs to get the thing in place then expanding through bolts once i've set the joists/rafters out

+1
Not sure why people reckon you’d ever need resin on a top plate
I tend to whack concrete screws in to hold it up, then at a later date (before the BcO comes round?) whack some proper bolts in. It’s not going to go anywhere if it’s a vaulted roof as it’s kinda pushing onto the house wall rather than pulling away

Unless I’ve misunderstood and you’re taking about an actual wall plate onto which the rafter feet bear, in which case you strap it down

Sponsored Links
Sorry I mean the plate that the top of the rafters will fix to

I don't understand this love affair with chemical fixings. Back in the day it was 4" clasp nails. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back