Child labour

Sponsored Links
Tony Robinson wrote a book about the horrible jobs that children were expected to do. Sem to remember Schindler's List advocating the use of children in an armaments factory.

What do you expect ...you all want cheap goodies/staple foods and rising house prices . I thought Schindler`s factory made pots and pans for the 3rd Reich. And helped hundreds of people escape . Or is that a fantasy :rolleyes:

According to his wife they were simply cheap labour - nothing altruistic at all.

Sponsored Links
What do you expect ...you all want cheap goodies/staple foods and rising house prices . I thought Schindler`s factory made pots and pans for the 3rd Reich. And helped hundreds of people escape . Or is that a fantasy :rolleyes:
No, and neither is it fantasy that some of the families concerned depend on the pittance of money that their children earn in order to survive. So :rolleyes: to yourself :rolleyes:

define children and define underage?

it says that 11 15 year olds were found to be working at one factory..

and?
I had a paper route at 15.. and my mate had a saturday job washing the trucks for a haulage firm..

and who are we to impose our arbitrary age limits on other countries?

in rural areas it's quite acceptable for the older "kids" to be helping out round the farms feeding animals and such so what's the problem with them getting a job in a factory putting together i-pods?

Back