Union stupidity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...ay-trade-unions-after-900-Hovis-jobs-cut.html

TL:DR, hovis is cutting jobs due to some loss in business, unions are angry

Rep says to the press

Management claims the job losses are as a result of 'competition and wheat prices’, but the reality is that our members are continuing to pay the heavy price of Premier’s failure to make a success of the business and we remain extremely concerned about the future of the remaining business.

Yes, because that is EXACTLY what a business needs, and what will benefit the workers, the union publicly slagging of the business and the capability of it's management to turn it around.

I can really see that helping the company's fortunes.

Why oh why do any of these workers support such a frrkwitted union.

Sponsored Links
Maybe you ought to be asking why a private equity firm in debt was allowed to purchase other companies and then embark on an asset stripping exercise in order to reduce said debt...

As ever, it would be wise to look into the situation properly before denouncing the wrong people!

Nothing to do with competition and wheat prices,

The company was run into the ground, and the unions have every right to make it known.

Research before you make silly comments.

Sponsored Links
Indeed...

Arse has made an arse of himself again...

The new chief executive offcier said: "We tried to be all things to all people. We tried to chase scale for scale's sake. After the disposals we'll be a smaller business in terms of turnover, but a bigger business in terms of profitability." He has a long way to go: the group slumped to a £259m pretax loss in 2011, from profits of £28.5m the year before.......

Clarke wants to "draw a line under the performance of 2011" and said lessons had been learned from past mistakes, in particular under-investment in household names.

No, you are missing the point.

The union has every right to slag them off, threaten action, BEHIND DOORS.

Casting doubt on the management to turn the company around , and doing this publicly.

This will in no way whatsoever help the company's fortunes, and will only negatively effect it's stock price, and/or scare of investment.

So never point out where something has gone very very wrong eh?

Everything behind closed doors?

What a nice business model you propose....lol

Please stop digging that hole - it's embarrassing!

You tell me ellal, what positive outcome can this possibly have.

The management isn't going to change.

It isn't going to stop the workers getting sacked, whatever caused the situation, it's still the situation it is.

The only thing this can achieve is to cast more doubt over the company, and in no way will that help turn the company around.

Just like the unions, all full of justified criticism, but no useful contribution.

Ah, so now it's 'justified criticism'?...No longer a frrkwitted union then?

The system of private equity companies is one of the reasons so much of our economy is in trouble..And gagging unions, or anyone else with the guts to expose the emperors new clothes, is only going to encourage its continuation!

Then we're all 'frrkwed'...;)

Err, I never denied it was justified criticism.

But that doesn't mean public criticism is helpful.

I notice you don't answer my question ellal.

What positive outcome can this possibly have, how will this in any way help the company?

It stupid union behaviour, slagging of the company, not getting that by helping and protecting the company, helps protect the workers, y'know the workers they are supposed to be interested.

But they are more interested in "looking tough", than actually helping.

Err, I never denied it was justified criticism.

But that doesn't mean public criticism is helpful.

I notice you don't answer my question ellal.

What positive outcome can this possibly have, how will this in any way help the company?

It stupid union behaviour, slagging of the company, not getting that by helping and protecting the company, helps protect the workers, y'know the workers they are supposed to be interested.

But they are more interested in "looking tough", than actually helping.

lol...

I did answer but as usual you didn't spot it...

However, since you are being particualarly dumb today, I'll enlighten you further...

Private equity companies are a scourge on our society, and serve only to enhance the wealth of a very few people to the cost of many...

If the union is able to shine a light on its dubious practices, hopefully it will fail.

Maybe then the composite individual firms will be able to return to being run as they once were.

I've answered you in full O 'wise one'...

So now you tell us all - what good will come if no-one is ever allowed to stand up and criticise policy when it is justified?

I understand what you are saying, private equity bad = slag if off.

Fine.

But how is the unioning slagging of the current management, and saying it doubts their ability to turn the company around, helping.

It's not is it.

Ah, so not answering the question then...

Just to remind you...

"what good will come if no-one is ever allowed to stand up and criticise policy when it is justified?"

But how is the unioning slagging of the current management, and saying it doubts their ability to turn the company around, helping.

It's not is it.
And who exactly are closing down the factories due to mismanagement and the funding of going concerns by debt?

Since according to you unions are not supposed to raise there concerns, here's an idea for you....Let's go back to 1833!

"what good will come if no-one is ever allowed to stand up and criticise policy when it is justified?"

Where have I state no one should be allowed to criticise policy.

They are not criticising policy, they are criticising the management and their ability to turn things around, which may be justified........

But I ask again, how will this help the company?

Yawn...

I have already told you how it could help... :rolleyes:

The sooner it gets shot of it's parent private equity firm the better, and by raising the issue the union is doing the right thing...

But if you think the PE firm is doing such a good job for their 'child' companies, then chew on these relevant facts...

In March 2007, Premier Foods completed the takeover of its rival RHM for £1.2 billion....

In July 2007 Premier foods announced it was to close the following RHM sites: Bristol, Droylsden, Middlewich, Wythenshawe, Ledbury and Reading.

I always answer your questions...

You avoid mine... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back