Chimineas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was plannining on ordering a chiminea now the summer is coming and the bbq start http://www.impactglazing.com/chimineas_?b=1 Does anybody have one and can you give me some information on them. I had never heard of them until i stumbled across a website. :oops:

Any info would be great.

Sponsored Links
Also do them in Machine Mart - if you have one nearby,you can pop in and look at them before you decide to buy (they always seem to look bigger in the pictures than they are when you are stood next to them :) )

theyre great. they get through quite a bit of wood during an evening, but brilliant as it gets dark and a little bit chilly. Also great for doing baked potatoes in!

Thermo are they better than a standard bbq ? What type have you got and does the price look ok on the link in my first thread ? as I will get free delivery.

Thanks for the help

edited to say I can't find them on machine marts website

Sponsored Links
i had a simple terracotta one. theyre best used as a patio heater, couldnt really use mine as a bbq, we just put the potatoes inside it, and they taste wonderful. Not sure how well those ones would work as a bbq, cant really see it myself. The simple terracotta ones are £50 from q&b. Worth having a look on places like e-bay as a lot of companies sell them direct on there.

they are sold as "out side heater" not a bbq, but you can do spuds in them, dont throw your bbq away

This is a picture from my first link

big_bbq_openened_ezr.jpg

:D

ah, but that is not what you first asked about, it has no chimney

ah now i understand, chimnee comes off. looks good, id still have a look around as im sure theyre cheaper than that on the net. bet my bbq food wouldnt look like that, always burnt!

activeyaw said:
as I will get free delivery.

and you belive that bit?

Q) why do you think they cost that much?

A) the price includes delivery, but because they are not going to charge you again for it they say "free delivery"
which makes you think, thet deleivery is free, it isnt you will pay for it in the price that you pay

activeyaw,
I have the exactly the same as in the picture for outside and it's very good. Don't buy the clay type as they are really known as bread oven (?) which I got carried away after a few drink and it was a cold night, got too hot and shattered into two pieces :LOL:

I also have one inside the summerhouse! For wood burning, it's best to buy a chainsaw and I use pallets which you can find anywhere, then use the square block of the pallet which hold the heat better without burning too quickly.

Cast iron fire is the way to go as it give out better heat.

masona said:
activeyaw,
I have the exactly the same as in the picture for outside and it's very good. Don't buy the clay type as they are really known as bread oven (?) which I got carried away after a few drink and it was a cold night, got too hot and shattered into two pieces :LOL:

I also have one inside the summerhouse! For wood burning, it's best to buy a chainsaw and I use pallets which you can find anywhere, then use the square block of the pallet which hold the heat better without burning too quickly.

Cast iron fire is the way to go as it give out better heat.

I was told cast Iron are best. Masona how much did you pay for yours ?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
activeyaw said:
I was told cast Iron are best. Masona how much did you pay for yours ?
I can't remember as I had it for over 3 years now, I think I paid £175, see this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back