Chimney Back Gutter Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting back together an old outhouse that used to be a small iron mongers, so has a chimney, I am replacing the corrugated sheeting and have also had a proper back gutter made to replace the cobbled piece of lead that was letting in water.

What I am unsure about and need advice on, is how to correctly add flashing to the sides of the back gutter to meet up with the corrugated sheeting. The complication being as I hope you can see from the picture is that the end of the lead is only about 4" from where the corrugated sheets will end (I will be adding guttering), I can't see how step flashing will help stop water running off the sole plate running straight under the sheeting.

Any advice gratefully received, many thanks in advance.

BTW. I know I need to add a piece of lead above the upright from the sole plate.

Attachments

• Chimney Back Gutter.jpg
    Chimney Back Gutter.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 661
Sponsored Links
You will need to sheet from the eaves up around the back of the chimney (short run) separately and fix the side flashings. You can then fix your back gutter over the side flashings then sheet over the whole lot and cut around the chimney as normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back