Chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was cleaning out my fire grate of all bits and decided to look up the chimney to see if it was clear but I could not see daylight at all, should I be able to ?. I just have the one fireplace which seems to go straight up or do chimneys have a step in them.

Sponsored Links
The breast and stack may be straight but the flue is likely to be stepped, if the flue was straight and you didn't have your pots capped then rainwater would come straight down. With a step, or more likely a 45 degree ish slope in the flue, any water that gets in has time to evaporate as air moves through the flue. I wouldn't expect to see daylight.

Sponsored Links
Well, thats great that your problem has been solved. You can also take help of chimney sweeps nassau county team, if you have stucked in your process. They will advice you on what should be done to settle the work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back