China threatening

Simplistic at best.

Not looking at it from the amerucan view, just your own biased right wing view
Do you consider Joe Biden a right winger.
He didn't want her to make the trip to Taiwan.
The Chinese have now suspended cooperation with America on climate change because of her visit.
The woman is a menace, she can't stop interfering in other countries affairs.
She threatened to cancel trade deals with Britain over the N.I.Protocol.

Sponsored Links
The 2 countries have an interesting relationship

Interestingly, China (People's Republic of China) which claims Taiwan as part of its territory, is the biggest trading partner of Taiwan. Exports to Mainland China are 40 per cent of total exports. Imports from China are one-fifth of the total imports of Taiwan.3 days ago

Today, Taiwan is one of the biggest investors in China. Between 1991 and the end of May 2021, approved investment in China comprised 44,577 cases totaling US$193.51 billion. In 2020, the value of cross-strait trade was US$166 billion.

Biden seemed to liken Taiwan chips to ro Russian gas - possible supply line problems, He said Taiwan would be building them a big high end plant in the USA. This seems to relate generally to what is going on

TSMC doesn't appear to be the same as say a typical US or Japanese semiconductor manufacturers who usually make a range of parts. TSMC makes parts for others. They appear to have some design aids available but give them a design and they will make it.

Anyone would think she was a high ranking, powerful politician representing one of the most powerful countries on the planet. How dare she.

Sponsored Links
Do you consider Joe Biden a right winger.
He didn't want her to make the trip to Taiwan.
The Chinese have now suspended cooperation with America on climate change because of her visit.
She threatened to cancel trade deals with Britain over the N.I.Protocol.
Er no. I clearly wrote that you are the biased right winger.
But on usa politics, the democrats (as you call them left wingers), are way to the right of our left wing. In a general comparison they are only left wing if you compare them to the Conservative left.

The general American view (right or wrong) is sort of; nobody will tell us where we can or cannot go. Nothing to do with making the Democrats look stupid as you tried to claim. As for stupidity, look at Trump.

Personally I think it's a dangerous move, but possibly more dangerous than not going.

Unfortunately we (the human race) are incapable of living in peace on a global basis. We simply can't do it for a variety of reasons.

So ...

I suggest the west should invest ever more heavily in defence systems and armed forces. We need to be tooled up to our friggin' eyeballs (in a physical and cyber sense) and stop being useful idiots to countries that do not look on us the same way.

Unfortunately we (the human race) are incapable of living in peace on a global basis. We simply can't do it for a variety of reasons.

So ...

I suggest the west should invest ever more heavily in defence systems and armed forces. We need to be tooled up to our friggin' eyeballs (in a physical and cyber sense) and stop being useful idiots to countries that do not look on us the same way.
I think you are very close here.

Personally I think we are having or about to have a major cyber war. And we (the west) either stand up and counter it or back off, sit down and do as we are told.

Not an ideal choice, probably even brought it on ourselves. But doing nothing is a risky option

China said a while ago that they were going to take back control of Taiwan, either peacefully or forcibly.
I doubt they will go back on their word. They have watched the West's response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and know that we're unlikely to defend Taiwan.

Maybe America is there to work out the quickest and safest way to give asylum to people working in the microchip sector - transfer brains and blueprints to the US before they are lost to the Chinese. That would certainly be the logical thing to do if you were expecting the demise of a vital resource.

China said a while ago that they were going to take back control of Taiwan, either peacefully or forcibly.
I doubt they will go back on their word. They have watched the West's response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and know that we're unlikely to defend Taiwan.

Maybe America is there to work out the quickest and safest way to give asylum to people working in the microchip sector - transfer brains and blueprints to the US before they are lost to the Chinese. That would certainly be the logical thing to do if you were expecting the demise of a vital resource.
Just to make Buden look stupid

There will
Be military conflict over Taiwan within 10 years no two ways about it IMO

Tis the way it will Be

Japan is likely to be drawn into the caper

The US have close ties with Japan and military bases there

Oh well s*** happens

The US have close ties with Japan and military bases there
It's been mentioned but not clear if US boots would be involved..

Japan claim several rockets have landed is sea they appear to have claimed as their own - Japan's exclusive economic zone (EEZ)

Japan and China trade with each other. Rather a lot of $ both ways.

Sponsored Links
Back