China

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are not happy and warn that there will be serious consequences if Nancy wats her name visits Taiwan

They also state that the Taiwan strait ( sea lane) is not international waters

Sponsored Links
Are not happy and warn that there will be serious consequences if Nancy wats her name visits Taiwan

They also state that the Taiwan strait ( sea lane) is not international waters

I had a 'WTF' moment a few weeks back after reading that some nutter in the EU stated Taiwan should be re-unified with China, this is on top of closer financial ties with China.

It's almost as if, after years and years of increasing dependency on Russia for energy, which may well lead to the total collapse of the EU, they're saying, 'what can we possibly do to **** things up even more and alienate us even more from the rest of the western world?'.

Bound to be grabbed back sometime. I don't see USA/EU going to war over it. Only 23m people. They speak Mandarin and don't look like us......

Japan has begun bolstering its military presence on Yonaguni island, the closest point to Taiwan, in a bid to dissuade Chinese claims to the Senkaku Island chain. Biden's recent visit was probably to reassure the Japanese that American support is consistent and uwavering to both countries.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
American support is consistent and uwavering to both countries.
Providing they are not directly involved.

Meanwhile Biden is trying to get Taiwan to build semiconductor plants in the USA. It did sound like that was happening but google indicates some sort of problem now. He wants his chips back - as he put it

There have been a couple of summits fairly recently. I can only find details of this one

China is building up its military in order to get parity with the US

Have Constructing man made islands for a good while in order to control sea lanes ect

There will be trouble ahead with in the next 10 years ????

Providing they are not directly involved.

Meanwhile Biden is trying to get Taiwan to build semiconductor plants in the USA. It did sound like that was happening but google indicates some sort of problem now. He wants his chips back - as he put it

There have been a couple of summits fairly recently. I can only find details of this one
It's hard to see how America could avoid becoming involved if China did attack Taiwan. Sanctions are not an effective deterrent and the BRIC countries are sticking together over the Ukrainian conflict, suggesting they'd do the same if an assault was begun by China.
The article i read was in The Times and mostly about Islanders disagreements over the military presence: some are in favour for the increased investment and tourism, while others are worried they'd become a target if a conflict kicked off sooner or later.
Okinawans are mostly resentful of the American presence on their island and a few remain who were alive to witness the terrible price they paid at the end of WWII. Their stories are passed down to new generations who pass on this oral tradition to tourists and visitors. If war broke out in the South China Sea, Japan would be drawn into the conflict and pay a heavy price for Taiwanese 'freedom'.

China "paid a heavy price" in WW2 at the hands of the Japanese. 8m dead was it?
Democrats would huff and puff, Trumpists would stay out of it.

The west is getting burned over fuel supplies in Ukraine. Putin is secure and the Rouble is up 50%.
Sanctions mean, they've changed the name of MacDonalds.
The aggressive partners in the west don't suffer, from lack of grain. Do you think Putin would let any out if we needed it? That's just a taste of what China holds.

Sponsored Links
Back