Chinese wiring colours for LED light

My original query was what colour does red and blue indicate in Chinese.
Doesn't matter.
screenshot_58.jpg
Possibly. We don't know whether it is being fed with AC or DC (clearly not 230V, as some people 'assumed' :) ). If it's DC, "doesn't matter" would only be true if the design includes a diode bridge - if it doesn't, then its LEDs wouldn't work with 'wrong polarity' DC.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
so I also need an adapter for it?
Well yes, of course. If the light wants 12V and you connect it directly to 230V mains electricity, you'll get (at least) a bang and, maybe a flash, and that will be the end of it (but hopefully not of you). I would have expected a reputable seller to have at least offered (for a price), if not included, a suitable power supply for it.

Kind Regards, John

Probably best not to have got the mains adapter from the same seller.

I have a lurking suspicion that the 2012-Olympic-opening-ceremony-stylee lighting effects on the seller's page might not actually have been achieved with the unit offered for sale. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
On the contrary - I think there's every possibility that the top two photos do accurately show what happens when you power up one of these lights..

6C345E95706F6548679C56FE02_zpsa17cac4c.jpg
6C345E95706F6548679C56FE_zpsfabbbf4a.jpg

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back