Choc Box

• Thread starter Terry2sheds
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Regarding the use of Choc Boxes, are these a requirement of the Building Regs? In other words, are you not allowed now to just use block connectors as insulated connections?http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CHOCBOX.html

Why are you double posting and using old.... 2004 posts?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16910

This is not your first offence is it?

I did duplicate another post and apolgised for it.

This post was not duplicated, please point me to where the duplicate post was.

The 2004 post came up on the similar post list and I replied, I see nothing in the rules saying a maximum age for posts that can be replied to. It must have been of interest to other people because 2 other people then joined in.

Old topics are disliked.

The main reasons are

one has to read all the way through something from 7 years ago only to find the modern bit that has been tagged on has no real relavence to the rest.

Also, wiring regulations change. The last big change was 2008 and there are changes to the 2008 document coming up soon.

So 2004's advice may not apply in 2010. :eek:

If you want to ask something, look in the WIKI first, most of the common Q's are already answered there. If you cannot find the answer PLEASE start a nice new thread, all of your own.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, at least I now know the etiquette!

I'll make sure I start nice new threads, but then I'll be risking the wrath of the duplicate threads police!!

Basically the old thread I replied to took the subject along a whole new direction and I've already noticed that trying to turn one of these threads once it's gone down a particular path is ny on impossible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back