Choice of hedge trimmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Buying hedge trimmers. Do I go for petrol or electric? If Leccy, corded or cordless. We have one 65ft x 8ft hedge, one 25ft x 12ft hedge (privet), one 20ft x 4 ft and a 10 ft x 6 ft hedge (leylandii type)

What do peeps think?

Sponsored Links
corded leccy (cordless, nah, dont even go there)

note of caution: always have the cable going over your shoulder. No i never cut its own cable before you ask, I did cut something else's cable though :oops:

I have turned cable chopping into an artform.....in the process, testing most brands of RCD to destruction!!!

Maybe go for petrol, then all I can do is turn myself into a human fireball...

Hmm. Maybe not. At least the chances are I will survive an RCD-protected accident.

I have recently purchased a petrol trimmer. You need to be fit to use one as they are much heavier than the electric trimmers. Makes muscles ache that other trimmers can't reach :D

Sponsored Links
Guess what :?: Today my mum's just cut through her hedge trimmers cable :LOL: geee, what a pain in the neck taking the body apart to rewire it, oh well 40' cable left now !

I have bought a petrol chainsaw last week which I think you do need the power for cutting wood but not with trimmer I don't think. Can you also be brother with 2-stroke oil plus petrol and must have a right ratio mix otherwise it's a bugger to start. As nstreet said it can be heavy at arm length. The problem with petrol if left over a period of time the petrol evaporate eventfully and leaving you with the wrong mixer fuel.

masona said:
Guess what :?: Today my mum's just cut through her hedge trimmers cable :LOL: geee, what a pain in the neck taking the body apart to rewire it, oh well 40' cable left now !

What???? You took your mum's body apart and rewired it? Bit harsh innit?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back