Choosing A New Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in the market for a new Combi Boiler as the old one is useless and giving up in all aspects of it's old life. The boiler will be for a 4 Bed Bungalow/Dormer/Velux house, also we have 8 radiators in the house. We also have only 1 bathroom. What would be some reasonably priced boilers that suit our needs?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi depends on your situation. whats your current heat source? how many people in your household? if there is just one or two and your shower rather than bath people than a combi might be the way to go, or if you,ve got teenage girls like me who spend years lounging in the bath then heat only boiler and unvented could be a shout. depends as always what your budget is!!

hi depends on your situation. whats your current heat source? how many people in your household? if there is just one or two and your shower rather than bath people than a combi might be the way to go, or if you,ve got teenage girls like me who spend years lounging in the bath then heat only boiler and unvented could be a shout. depends as always what your budget is!!
Totally forgot to say, I'm looking for a Combi Boiler. Thanks Again.

so you have a combi already? and it would be a "straight swap"? i asssume a condense pipe would have to be run to drain. again depends on your budget. people on here would suggest there favourites, Worcester 30 cdi, Vaillant, Ideal Logic 30 + are a few suggestions. as regards price every jobs different even the "straight swaps" so its a waste of time estimating. your best bet is to get 3 rgi,s in and have a look at the quotes, ask questions etc

Sponsored Links
Combis are rated by their DHW flowrate. The flowrate of combis in th past 5 years has shot up. There are some quality models with high flowrates. Get a quality model.

The flowrate? A min of 15 litres per minute for 1 bathroom is fine. Assuming your cold mains is OK in flow and pressure.

A quality model with a good flowrate, 16 litres per minute, is the Avantaplus 39C. Many here recommend this model. That make a smaller 35C. The number is the kW. Many here recommend this combi, fitting them as a matter of course. They also have an outside weather sensor option. This is worth getting as it will improve comfort conditions and lower gas bills.

There is also the ATAG combis, which are infiltrating the market with many here now fitting and shouting their appeal. The EC325C has an integrated GasSaver making it one of the most efficient boilers on the market. ATAG is a RR type of boiler, but well priced. Weather compensation is standard and all you need is the outside sensor. To buy an external GasSaver costs around £700, they throw one in, so great value for money.

Worcester and Vaillant? They are expensive for what they are. The Worcester range is lacking and reliability and design has dropped. Vaillant are overpriced for what they are.

Do not buy Baxi/Pott yet. They are poor generally but quality is rising as the Dutch bought them out (Avantaplus). Avoid Ideal like the plague

You may need an uprated gas pipe to cope with the higher gas rate of the new combi.

You will not look back if you get a quality model.

Vaillant ecoTec is my boiler of choice.

More important is who does the installation.

Andy :D

You could start by measuring how many litres per minute your mains water is.

Bucket and stopwatch time.

Andy

Vaillant ecoTec is my boiler of choice.

More important is who does the installation.

Andy :D

Thats a good option and I would suggest the same. I am very new here on this forum and I think its very early for any opinion from my side but I thought this is the section from where I can start my contribution. Although Ariston is also a good way to go for a combi boiler I think because I've some reviews from my friends and neighbors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back