chopsaw blade size tollerance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey.

I'm after a fine blade for my chopsaw (cheap 'n' cheerful Performance power feller). The current blade size is 255mm x 28mm x 3mm. I've not been able to find one with 60-70t on t'interweb that has the same specs. I have seen ones that are 255mm but have a 30mm bore.

Would that work on my saw? Can i get/would I need a collar to sleeve down the bore?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
wanabechippie said:
Hey.

I'm after a fine blade for my chopsaw (cheap 'n' cheerful Performance power feller). The current blade size is 255mm x 28mm x 3mm. I've not been able to find one with 60-70t on t'interweb that has the same specs. I have seen ones that are 255mm but have a 30mm bore.

Would that work on my saw? Can i get/would I need a collar to sleeve down the bore?

Cheers.

yes it will work no probs only problem will be getting the blade central although 1mm out wont cause much of an issue with vibration it will mean that the teeth on the side thats 1mm out will wear out quicker

I seem to remember that our joiner at work fitted a reducing ring to allow a blade with an oversized center hole to be fitted to his machine.

You might be able to get something like this to allow a blade with a 30mm bore to be fitted to your machine (there may even be one fitted for the current blade)

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
I seem to remember that our joiner at work fitted a reducing ring to allow a blade with an oversized center hole to be fitted to his machine.

You might be able to get something like this to allow a blade with a 30mm bore to be fitted to your machine (there may even be one fitted for the current blade)

yes you do get reducing washer but not shure how avalable 1mm washers will be :D

but fair point it could be 40mm reduces to 28 for example ;)

Cheers, everybody.

I got the saw from that bodgers mecca; B&Q. They do sell tct saw blades but I've not seen the one I'm after. I've not taken the old blade off my saw yet. Think I might have a tinker and see what it's made of and if there is a washer in there already.

:D

28mm is a very odd size of bore - most blades have 30mm bore and the chances of a reducing washer from 30 to 28mm is zero

Aye. Thought that meself.

Been to B&Q. found a 254mm blade with 40teeth. Bore is 30mm and it comes with reducing rings for 20mm, 25mm (and possibly 15? can't quite remember...) was from the same manufacturer as my saw...

Havn't had chance to tinker with saw yet.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm sure you're all dying to know..... :LOL:

Breaking News:

I'm a ****wit!

Mis read the tooth width measurement on my old blade as being the bore! (tooth's 2.8mm, bore's 30mm.) read it as 28mm bore! :oops:

Got a nice, shiney new blade from B de-la Q wiv 40 peggys. Cuts like the proverbial hot knife with almost no splintering!

Thanks for all your help, folks! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back