Christmas lights OUTSIDE – who are they for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Coming home late last night at 9:30pm all the Christmas lights were on.
There seems to be more and more houses each year.

The thing I don’t understand is why you wouldn’t put the decorations up in your living room instead?
Who are they supposed to be for? :confused:

They’re not for the kids who are in bed or inside in the winter.
In fact it’s downright cruelty for people down our streets with kids who have all their best lights on the OUTSIDE.

I genuinely think these lights are dangerous on main roads as drivers are looking at them instead of the road.

There’s a lot of moaning about how difficult people are finding the economy, but people seem to be able to buy a load of lights and switch them on for a month.

Also electricians seem to now feel compelled to showcase their talents which is starting some keep-up-with-the-Joneses battles in our area.
Last year one down the road left half his lights not working for the whole of Christmas.
I bet he got a lot of jobs in the new year :)

Don’t get me wrong, we have Christmas tat in our house it’s just on the inside so the family can enjoy it.

Are men just going along with it because the wife has seen them on telly and “it’s nice”, and it’s easier than getting nagged?

Sponsored Links
christmas lights on the outside. yet another american idea that has taken hold over here. christmas lights inside look terrible and tacky that is why they are only around for christmas, outside they say look at me I've got no taste. they are awful.
bwhomeresponse

Fortunately I have windows in my house, they allow me to look outside and see my christmas tree at the end of my drive..... There are some who need to get on to the double glazing forum and ask about having windows fitted to their homes too..

When things are tough it is important to find a little fun where we can, it helps to keep spirits up otherwise it would be fair to ask the purpose of breathing in and out. I have noticed that there are more lights about this year than ever and that is no bad thing..

Sponsored Links
imagine living next door to the guy that was on the news last year, people queuing up to see his display thats where it ends up. his neighbours complaining that people were turning up at all times of the day and night.after the pub and ****ing in their front gardens. mister light display found that amusing I would suggest that is a selfish neighbour.

imagine living next door to the guy that was on the news last year, people queuing up to see his display thats where it ends up. his neighbours complaining that people were turning up at all times of the day and night.after the pub and p******g in their front gardens. mister light display found that amusing I would suggest that is a selfish neighbour.

A lot of these people who do displays are raising money for charities. WELL DONE TO THEM.

It good to see Scrooge is still live and kicking.

so how many are raising money for charity not very many. I would suggest it is not very charitable to encourage people to **** in other peoples front gardens.

Fuc me your a bundle of cheer on here today.
Where ever you were hiding...................

so how many are raising money for charity not very many. I would suggest it is not very charitable to encourage people to p**s in other peoples front gardens.

So how many piss in other peoples front gardens, not very many.

Several in my area raise money for charities, and tend to be those who have lost a child.

Glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty syndrome, eh?

Fuc me your a bundle of cheer on here today.
Where ever you were hiding...................

Only registered a few weeks ago, but plenty of posts have been made.

It is obviously somebody we already know - we will soon work out who it is!

A hooli who keeps his hands to himself.
Even when goaded by old men.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back