Christmas TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If your getting a new tv for christmas, make sure you get a dvd to go with it. Ive just looked at the christmas tv listings and its pants. As usual its the usual mix of happy soaps, repeats and specials of all those programmes you normally try and avoid. So get writing the charades clues and blow the dust of the trivial pursuit. The tv schedulers have done us proud again! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The Bridge on the River Kwai ?
Its a wonderful life ?
hows about The Magnificent Seven ?
:LOL: great christmas fair.

Sponsored Links
cant beat the classics, its the other crap that pads it out...eastenders on 25 times during christmas day, coronation street etc etc

Thermo
I dont mind corrie st ,
except this daft Tracey/charlie storyline
(if he was such a bad guy she wouldnt still be in his house ,as if ..lol)

Eastenders ,the wife likes that, but its another one that has daft silly story lines ......

I really need to get back to the boozers at night ....lol ...lol

Thermo said:
If your getting a new tv for christmas, make sure you get a dvd to go with it. -------------
So get writing the charades clues and blow the dust of the trivial pursuit. The tv schedulers have done us proud again! :rolleyes:
Great Idea Thermo, now that's the right pressy for hubby (will take him the whole of the holidays just to figure out how everything works ;))
Any advice/tips on brands? (Keep it simple is still our motto)

tv...biggest newest one you can get through the door

charades...any difficult ones eg ET, Kramer vs Kramer, The Thing etc

Trivial Pursuit...any version really, one subjects bound to stump him.

Hope that answers your question WYL!

Eh, I was hoping for brands in DVD players?
Must be my English, still :confused: :(

we went through 3 dvd recorders recently

LG with hard disk from curreys....HD problem within two days took it back

Sony with HD their latest and best one...Hd problem within two days took it back

Philips from tesco no Hd, very very easy to use and so far so good. The panasonics seem to get a good review as well.

If its just a player theres so many cheap ones out there you cant go wrong, but im sure there are many on here who know more.

what was she doing with dopey, doc, sneezy, bashful, happy sleepy and grumpy in her bed? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back