chronic air in radiators and concurrent boiler pressure rise - combi

Ill get them to agree regular checks after the flush. Its all starting to make sense, thank you for all the advice to help me sort this!

Sponsored Links
You may be better finding someone with Powerflushing Knowledge. It's not rocket science but every system can differ on how to go about a flush and you do need someone who knows what he's doing.

I find the tall designer rads hassle, as said cheap manufacturing and sludge don't mix well. Some times as if it designed to be a water (noise) feature.

You've had Lots of good advise.

Good luck

Thanks for help so far! ;

Update;
New replacement rad installed, yesterday then had the power flush with a kamco, used fernox f3 as the cleaner and f1 for the inhibitor.
followed the kamco instructions to the letter with the plumber,.

I bought a tds meter and when we were finished and the mains and CH water matched, also the PH was fine so will see what happens. (plumber borrowed the kamco from a mate)

I have a frenox system health kit to test it after ive ran it for a few days (lab report one) - should I leave it longer?
As you can imagine im acutley sensitive to any potential issues now, the heating was ran yesteray, all ok, bit of balancing needed etc.

came to run it again this morning and there was a fair bit of gurgling and bagning from the upstairs tall vertical rad (the replacment one) so I bled it and it seemed to stop.

running this morning all rads as heating up well

2 questions;
1) is the air in the rad a normal issue after a power flush and rad swap and if so how long should it take to dissapate (if Im still doing it in a week is that a sign of the previous problem - should it have settled down by then)
2) the tall aluminum rads make a whoooshing sound after they have been heated for about 30-40 mins and continue until the heating is switched off (not pops and gurgles, more liek the sound of a constantly running tap or toilet cistern filling up) - any thoughts on that. the issue was there before, since install so it may be a design fault rather than a system fault - just annoying.

Sponsored Links
Here are the results of the test sample I sent to fernox a few weeks after the powerflush, I dont know really how bad (or not these results are), can anyone chime in with a bit of knowledge or thoughts? i May start a different thread
1659539363386.png

1659539383161.png

Still needs flushed again to remove corrosion. To get it all out 100% is a time consuming job. Depends on pipe runs etc if drop feed then each leg needs drained to endure all crap out. You may never get it all out.

+1 ..... sometimes it a best endevours unless all the rads are being changed and pipework is fully cleaned and flushed then it may not be possible to remove everthing, even with a powerflush.

As long as the system water is clean and clear (low or no turbidity) and inhibitor levels are sufficient then sometime that's the best that can be achieved.

I would look at the alkalinity levels though as that's an aluminium killer, but given the PH levels aren't that high then I'd be questioning the CaCo3 levels. I'd be tempted to perform another litmus test on it and compare with the tap water just to confirm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back