Church of England

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any churches of england in Pakistan, Afghanistan etc???

Sponsored Links
Probably no call for them, they have enough trouble getting people to go to church in this country these days.

http://www.arabicbible.com/ac/saudi/religious_freedom_in_sa.htm
The US International Religious Freedom Report
for 2001 was released on October 26, 2001.

· Saudi Arabia. Freedom of religion does not exist in Saudi Arabia:
"Customs officials routinely open mail and shipments to search for contraband, including non-Muslim materials, such as Bibles and religious videotapes.In certain areas, both the Mutawwa'in (religious police) and religious vigilantes acting on their own harassed, assaulted, and detained citizens and foreigners. Some members of the Shi'a minority continued to face institutionalized political and economic discrimination, including restrictions on the practice of their faith.
Under Shari'a conversion by a Muslim to another religion is considered apostasy, a crime punishable by death if the accused does not recant. The Government also discriminates against Shi'a in higher education through unofficial restrictions on the number of Shi'a admitted to universities."

· Sudan as a "country of particular concern" under the International Religious Freedom Act for particularly severe violations of religious freedom.

· Iran as a "country of particular concern."

· Iraq as a "country of particular concern."
Afghanistan, as a "particularly severe violator" of religious freedom.

islams position on non-muslims:
http://answering-islam.org.uk/NonMuslims/rights.htm
1) Zimmis are not allowed to build new churches, temples, or synagogues.
2) Zimmis are not allowed to pray or read their sacred books out loud at home or in churches, lest Muslims hear their prayers.
3) Zimmis are not allowed to print their religious books or sell them in public places and markets. They are allowed to publish and sell them among their own people, in their churches and temples.
4) Zimmis are not allowed to install the cross on their houses or churches since it is a symbol of infidelity.

non-muslim websites are blocked by the saudi govt too: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2002/130/31.0.html with links to harvard uni's report.

Even if allowed there doesn't seem to be many devout christians about as in the past as can be seen by the decay of churches in this country through lack of donations during services and lack of flock.

Sponsored Links
There are a few Christian churches in Pakistan and in a few other muslim countries.

I think it was last year the muslims stepped up their usual abuse of the christians by bombing the odd church and killing a few, but the attacks on christians is constant and has increased in recent years such is the muslim peacefull religion.

Freddie mosques over here are being attacked by arsonists so should i now say so much for the christian faith being a peaceful religion? just goes to show what cr*p you spout.

kendor said:
Freddie mosques over here are being attacked by arsonists so should i now say so much for the christian faith being a peaceful religion? just goes to show what cr*p you spout.

All over this forum your posts are full of inconsistancies and twist of peoples words.

I have never said the christian religion is peacefull---you in another thread said Islam only only only only ever means peace.

On here you just said that there would be no need for christian churches in Pakistan, it does help if you have a bit of knowlege on the subject before commenting

Can i ask a question---are you really a Teacher by proffession ???

Freddie said:
kendor said:

All over this forum your posts are full of inconsistancies and twist of peoples words.

I have never said the christian religion is peacefull---you in another thread said Islam only only only only ever means peace.

On here you just said that there would be no need for christian churches in Pakistan, it does help if you have a bit of knowlege on the subject before commenting

Can i ask a question---are you really a Teacher by proffession ???
Freddie you are being guilty of what you preach in virtually all your posts including this one, you twist what others say in nearly everyone of your posts. And no i'm not a teacher, pays not good enough :LOL:

kendor said:
Probably no call for them, they have enough trouble getting people to go to church in this country these days.

Yes i know what you mean just like this one------wrong info supplied

kendor said:
Even if allowed there doesn't seem to be many devout christians about as in the past as can be seen by the decay of churches in this country through lack of donations during services and lack of flock.

And another one wrong info i would have thought you would have to be a devout christian to attend a church in Pakistan

in both the above posts you you fail or don't wish to accept that the fact is that the christian faith has far less devout followers and by that i mean people that actually go to church, could the same be said of muslims they are very religious people and the majority attend all services.
The Christian churches would not be in such need of repairing if people over here took a leaf out of the muslim's book and attended more.

I can think of someone who should really go to church and learn more respect for his fellow man.

I dont argue with any of that but it was about there being christians and their churches in Pakistan, of which there are and have been in that region a long long time before the muslims moved in and persecuted all other religions which is why i argued your point originally in another thread of Islam being only peace and understanding--its not and has been re-written several times to suit and justify probably just like any other religion

there's a big difference here. the mosques have only recently been targeted, and only as a result of these bombings. yes it's wrong, but it's got nothing to do with christians, its against christianity: 'love thy neighbour'.
in pakistan, churches are being attacked just because they're churches ie not mosques. nothing provoked the attacks. its just what islam asks!!

Fight those who do not believe in Allah … until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued. 9:29
… Allah will send His punishment from Himself or by our hands. 9:52
loads more passages can be quoted.

finally kendor, why have you picked on freddie?? what crap did he spout??
freddie said:
There are a few Christian churches in Pakistan and in a few other muslim countries.

I think it was last year the muslims stepped up their usual abuse of the christians by bombing the odd church and killing a few, but the attacks on christians is constant and has increased in recent years such is the muslim peacefull religion.

user56565 said:

there's a big difference here. the mosques have only recently been targeted, and only as a result of these bombings. yes it's wrong, but it's got nothing to do with christians, its against christianity: 'love thy neighbour'.
in pakistan, churches are being attacked just because they're churches ie not mosques. nothing provoked the attacks. its just what islam asks!!

Fight those who do not believe in Allah … until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued. 9:29
… Allah will send His punishment from Himself or by our hands. 9:52
loads more passages can be quoted.
you are interpreting the passages like the extremeists are doing

finally kendor, why have you picked on freddie?? what rubbish did he spout??
Do i really need to point you in the direction of previous posts? do you not read them?

There is that many threads going now its confusing but on this one Kendor you have skirted around the points raised and cherry picked your answers

Sponsored Links
Back