Our church is closing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been sent a news letter saying our local church is going to close due to the dwindling numbers and our parishoners are merging with another church about 1/2 mile away....I have to admit I am not a churchgoer but some of my family members are but it makes you think what is the future of the church and is it dying off while other religious places expand ( trying to be tactful) ........last year I was in a indian resturant that was converted from a empty church , is this the sign of things to come??

Sponsored Links
Curry house or church.........?

I wouldn't like to live next door to either but i do enjoy visiting at least one of those establishments frequently.

Not while there`s a Pope in Rome , it won`t :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
village church near me has been converted into a mosque, and there are no muslims living near it.

If people really wanted a church there then they'd use it, contribute to it, and it wouldn't be closing. Simple supply and demand.

What you going to do, keep it sitting there empty and unused or convert it into something else which will benefit people?

If they were having devil worship sessions with nudie dancing round the altar it'd be chokker.

Well you can have whoever you like. In my fantasy it's young female acolytes, whose naked bodies can be glimpsed beneath their swirling cloaks in the flickering candlelight, as they dance to decide who will be the first to ravage the poor creature tied to the altar......

guess who the poor creature is...not that I think about it much....as for the heating...who gives a fck.

I have to admit I am not a churchgoer
can you guess why it is closing?

lots of people like you who say "I am not a churchgoer"

Would you expect a theatre to stay open with no audience? A school with no children? A railway station with no passengers?

Times change.

A church is not an architectural ornament. It was put there to be used. If it is not being used you shouldn't expect it to stay open.

They should do something christian with it like turn it into a centre for asylum seekers where they can get legal and benefits advice , hot meals and access to social housing.

They should do something christian with it like turn it into a centre for asylum seekers where they can get legal and benefits advice , hot meals and access to social housing.

nopityA.gif

Sponsored Links
Back