cinema

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, got a unused room going to put a projecter and big screen in so i am thinking bit of a cupboard at back fixed screen on other wall,ceiling down at moment what cables would i need at screen wall.i want all cables hid fixed screen so dont think i need power,just 3 pairs of speaker cable for surround sound left,right,and the sub?

Sponsored Links
Well it very much depends on what sort of audio kit you plan to install....

If it's a proper AV receiver & 5.1/7.1 speaker package then
Speaker cable for the centre, left and right.

You want a phono cable for the sub, not speaker cable. You'll also need power for the sub.

If you go for one of the all-in-one cinema kits then the cable layout will be different.

If you're going to the trouble of giving a room to be used as a cinema and you're spending the time and money to bury cables then it's a reasonably safe bet that you're planning to stay at the property for a few years. Putting in a basic all-in-one kit now without thinking about something better for the future is a common mistake. You should wire for both options while the walls and ceiling are open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back