Large(ish) Home Cinema Install - Lots of pictures!

Sponsored Links
Nearly - it's a 705 :)

The photographs were taken between 27th October and 17th December - so about six weeks.

Steve

Looks great and massive improvement on what was there originally!
The only thing I would be worried about is the lack of ventilation around the TV. 30mm around the perimeter of the screen isn't a lot. Maintaining convection by not boxing in the top of the screen behind the plasterboard cut-out would have been my preferred option.

Hi

You can't see it in the photos but there is a gap at the top and bottom in the rear of the screen cavity in addition to the gap around the front.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Looks good, lets hope your TV does not go pete tong as the new one may not fit.....

But a good project, i guess you are single... not sure my wife would let me do that to our living room..... :)

Thanks!

No - not single... Much neater than having a load of stuff sat in a heap in the corner with all the wires showing. It's an easy sell :)

No need to worry about the size of the cut-out - my display is a Panasonic plasma monitor - they have been making them exactly the same size since 1999 so I doubt they will change it any time soon. They bring a new model out each year - that one has already been superseded twice!

Excellent work, very tidy!:cool:

On a side note... Is that your paslode nailer!? Bit extravagant for DIY! :LOL:

Hi

No, it's not mine - it belongs to my neighbour. That's the big one - he also has a finish nailer which I used quite a bit for some other jobs.

I honestly think that I have saved several days of my life by using them - my whole house has more or less been nailed together :)

I was firmly in the screw camp until I got chance to play with those. I think I'm slightly deaf now though!

Steve

Very smart! Have to admit to being quite envious.

One comment on looking at the pictures though, and that's a concern about how you've drilled the joists in the ceiling. All holes should be drilled central to the joist, and certainly not two vertically in line with each other, as it can weaken the structural integrity of the wood. There's a guidance note someone that I could dig out on the issue, but not a lot of point as you've done it now anyway.

Anyway, enjoy the movies!

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

You're looking at the picture the wrong way round though :)

The holes are centered in the joist and are side by side (about six inches apart).

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back