Circuit for alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i wanted to ask for an opinion!!!!

I'm just about to add a seperate circuit to power my home alarm system (at present its run off a spur from the ring)

I'm just going to run a radial circuit to a sw/fcu (for isolation) and then power the alarm from that. my question is....

As the main alarm board is situated in my (attached) garage should i have the fcu inside the house or in the garage next to the alarm.

And yes i've notified building control, i'm re-wiring the whole house and this is the last circuit. I Just can't make up my mind if the fcu should be inside the house or with the alarm.

look forward to hearing your thoughts

thanks

Sponsored Links
It should be next to the panel to provide local isolation to the panel should it be needed (for servicing etc). I presume you mention fitting the spur in the house to prevent the baddies getting to it and killing your alarm? Virtually all alarms will have at least 2 backup batteries (1 in the panel and 1 in the bell box) and will still function fine without power.

RF Lighting said:
It should be next to the panle to provide local isolation to the panel should it be needed (for servicing etc). I presume you mention fitting the spur in the house to prevent the baddies getting to it and killing your alarm? Virtually all alarms will have at least 2 backup batteries (1 in the panel and 1 in the bell box) and will still function fine without power.

yeah thats what i figured, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't barking up the wrong tree!!!!!

thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
If it is ADE, don't forget to use a 2A fuse in the spur.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back