Circular TCT Blade question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using an Erbauer 2000W 255mm sliding mitre saw to cut old timber for my wood burning stove. I have got into a routine and it works very well. The only problem is that the saw blade can lose teeth when hitting a nail (which I try to avoid but sometimes can't spot them all). I bought the cheapest replacement blade from Screwfix - a make called Titan. I wondered if a more expensive branded make would last longer? Any views on quality TCT blades vs. cheap ones?

Sponsored Links
get a good blade then you can have new teeth fitted when you have it sharpened

Thanks. Sorry to be ignorant but where would I go to have new teeth fitted? (no wisecracks re the dentist please!)

Sponsored Links
in my humble opinion just buy 3 blades
1 quality for joinery only
2 cheap blades for you burner no point spending any money on a blade that could be damaged after a few days

Dewalt do 'construction' blades which are very tolerant of hitting nails. If you go a little slower even a normal blade should eat through a nail without much fuss.

The dewalt blades are quite good as they have more metal behind the blade to support the tooth but I don't think they do them in the right profile for a sliding saw only positive rake which can snatch.

Have a look at a replacement blade for the Evolution Rage saws they cut metal as well but do run a bit slower.

J

The dewalt blades are quite good as they have more metal behind the blade to support the tooth but I don't think they do them in the right profile for a sliding saw only positive rake which can snatch.

Have a look at a replacement blade for the Evolution Rage saws they cut metal as well but do run a bit slower.

J

They do negative rake, but seemingly the only size they don't offer that in is 250mm. :/

J

They do negative rake, but seemingly the only size they don't offer that in is 250mm. :/

Freud Ultimate blades (previously known as Freud Ultimax) will do this, and are available in 250mm. Easiest way to tell them apart is that they're gold in colour.

J

Freud Ultimate blades (previously known as Freud Ultimax) will do this, and are available in 250mm. Easiest way to tell them apart is that they're gold in colour.

Thanks for that - I think I will go for a Freud gold blade next time. They are 250mm and my saw requires 255mm. Can I use 250mm in my saw?

It took me a while to get round to buying a Freud gold blade but now it is fitted I have one word - awesome! Cheapest I could find was at Kirby & Wells. Thanks to all for recommendations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back