Circulating pump for an individual radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post for me, here goes.

i've just had a radiator fitted in my conservatory, how difficult would it be to fit a small pump to circulate water through it on an "on demand basis"?

My heating system is a Potterton Suprima and a Boilermate 2000.

Thanks,

Ian.

Sponsored Links
I have a TRV. The problem is that the heating switches off before the conservatory warms up.

In which case, you need to either turn the TRV's in the house down, or balance the system.

Nick.

Sponsored Links
They are all turned down and the system is balanced.
The plumber who fitted the rad went round and balanced all the rads after it had finished re-filling.

you would need to fit zone valves honeywell S plan and pipe the radiator pipes from conservatory radiator to boilermate and fit room stat in conservatory

Have you asked the plumber (should that be heating engineer?) to come back and sort it out?

If you are not happy with the work he has done, get him to correct it.

Nick.

I am very happy with the work he did the rad gets warm when the heating is on, very neat and tidy pipe work, good price etc etc. I just wondered if there was a little more I could do to warm the room.

I saw a DIY program last week and the guy had just put a pump on the flow side of his rad, he had it on a room stat and an override switch so he could just get a on demand supply of warm water going through this one particular rad. I think it was in his garage/workshop. sadly I can't remember for the life of me what the program was called!

Oh and yes he was a Heating Engineer, I apologize.

Ian.

I saw a DIY program last week and the guy had just put a pump on the flow side of his rad, he had it on a room stat and an override switch so he could just get a on demand supply of warm water going through this one particular rad.

how you going to get demand on one rad if its teed off the others ?

as said get it zoned with its own stat.

1800 x 450 double rad, conservatory is approx 12sqm.
Rad is mounted on the existing house exterior wall.
It is teed off a feed for another rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back