circulation problem, i think

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
heatline c24 combi was left off for a few days and now hw is ok but on ch boiler fires up overheats and cools down continous cycle the pump is spinning as i tested it with one of those grundfos gadgets but not sure if its spinning fast enough. is there a sure fire way to test a pump the upstairs rads get a tiny bit warm if i shut them all off apart from 1 or 2 they get hot
im thinking
check for sludge
strip pump down and check impellor
check diverter valve for letting by

other than this im clueless
any suggestions welcome fellas ;)

Sponsored Links
think there's a gauze filter in one of the iso valves if its the same as the gw betacom.

was wondering is there a sure fire way to test a pump that spins but not sure if its fast enough??

Sponsored Links
if you are in with parts center they will let you take out new one and bring back at no cost if you use them often enough how ever heatline parts have to be order in so less likely to do this for you unless their is generic one also their is possibility of air lock try reversing the flow

turn it upside down so runs the wrong way done couple times worked once admittedly

Well he did say that he had only just started working on plumbing!

I wonder why he thinks turning the pump upside down makes any difference to the direction it spins in?

Does he expect the whole boiler to be turned over?

the motor push the water in the other direction then and can shift airlock however it does not work every time and it has come out aav once but other than i persumed shes drained some down and refilled so agil what your suggestion then?

The pump direction is determined by the winding sense of the main and start windings in the pump so i dont see how you think you are getting it to rotate in the opposite direction.

Furthermore in a boiler with a built in pump it becomes even odder!

Tony

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! Nice one as Dick Puller would say "Never laughed so much since the wife died!"

come on mr agile, whats your suggestion??
agile, agile hes our man if he cant do it no1 can..... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back