Cistern Trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cistern with a lever which is really awkward for my kids to push - so much so they've given up. Even the adults struggle.

The problem (as I see it) is that the fulcrum is in the wrong place...

I want to replace the innards with something that is pneumatic. I have seen these in the past, but cannot find them now - are they still around?

Alternatively, can you suggest another solution?

IMAG0015.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can get a toilet with a push button flush on top, but it would mean changing your toilet... :cry:

Yeah, trying to avoid changing the whole kit & kaboodle. Bamber, are you really in the US?

Do they have pneumatic kits in the States?

Yes...I am..although I have stated earlier that I am not....your toilets are about 100 years behind the rest of the world, believe it or not, not many people `flush` these days.... they press...

Sponsored Links
That's what I need: a system to replace this "flush" with a "press" - know of anything?

I think you are going to have to take the cistern off to replace that syphon, and it will not take a different kind of handle.

A flapper valve is not successful with the handle at the end (I've tried it)

You can get a new cistern with push button and internal fittings for about £35.
p4161789_l.jpg

Or you could get a different kind of thing to replace the syphon, I will see if I can find a pic. (yes, here it is - £10 at Screwyou
p2635226_l.jpg

I have got one of those "T" handles on one of my cisterns, I will climb upstairs and have a look inside it in a minute.

Looked - mine is "Spring Bathrooms" brand. the syphon is different, it is more to the side so the pull-up is closer to the lever. the lever is directly over the pull-up. The lever is 90mm long from the pivot to the wire link. The link is 100mm long and vertical. Mine works fine.

Thanks for everything so far, guys. I'm looking into SF's kit.

You can look @ screw-U-like but there`s no round hole in the cistern for the button..............My name Is Nige and I live in the Ashdown Forest...near Eeeyores soggy patch :eek: I`d get the local blacksmith to wrought me a longer lever.......give me a lever long enough and I will move the world .........Gallileo ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back