citizen's arrest

What is not in the report is what age group these "children " are as many of these shooting are gang related and the gangs are just protecting their surf .
So its OK then, if they are teenagers.
Also the Drive by shooters are doing their part to make sure children are home at night as these folks patrol the streets.
Their is no sensible response to that piece of nonsense.
Also note that legally armed folks are not seperated from hoodlums shootings.
You seem to miss the point entirely, more guns means more deaths, irrespective of their ownership.

More people are killed /maimed by drunk drivers in England .
More nonsense. Less people die on our roads, in total per year, than children you shoot dead, each year......Fact

50 children killed a week is nothing when compared to over 300 abortitions performed a day.
I do hope you explained that to the parents of these children.

Sponsored Links
You have to be carefull...and know the difference between civil law and criminal law.

You cant make a citizens arrest if someone has accidently bumped your car or whatever..or knocked you for a few quid following a job.

'Reasonable force' define it?..kick someone in the ging gangs and smash their head into a wall to temporarily incapacitate them?

Grab someone, restrain them carefully but they get so worked up they have an asthema attck and die..

Either way your in the ****...and youll need the sort of lawyer than could get Stevie Wonder a drivers license..

Sylvean..

Have you ever posted and not mentioned Guns?

Either way your in the s**t...and youll need the sort of lawyer than could get Stevie Wonder a drivers license..

Understand where your your coming from, but, wouldn't think it's that bad?

Sponsored Links
Almost 10 years ago in 1998 aged 18 I was working night shift at a factory (my first proper job!) - left the house at 9.45pm to go to work and found some scrote with the driver's door of my car open and fiddling about with the ignition.

Now I'm the least suspected person ever to get in a confrontation of any kind - in fact, I think the phrase "he wouldn't say boo to a goose" was written for me, but sometimes the red mist comes down and you get taken over by an unknown force!

I dragged this guy halfway out of the car and as he was hanging on to the door pillar I slammed the car door on his fingers as hard as I could. Back to the topic(!), at this point I would have loved to have made a citizens arrest and kept him there until the police arrived. Sadly, when I opened the door for another go, he ran away (hopefully with several broken fingers).

When I phoned the police and told them exactly (honestly) what had just occured, they were spot on and said if they happened to pick up any of their "regular offenders" (in Grantham mostly heroin addicts known to the police) with finger issues they'd be able to link them to the crime.

Nothing came of it, by the way.

Can you begin to imagine what would have happened now, 10 years later? I'd be the one in court - probably on assault charges. The law is no longer in favour of us law-abiding citizens......

ninebob , we have had 3600 new laws since 98 so we could give you life for what you did :) labour my ar##, hang them with the rope that they make spin with ;)

Almost 10 years ago in 1998 aged 18 I was working night shift at a factory (my first proper job!) - left the house at 9.45pm to go to work and found some scrote with the driver's door of my car open and fiddling about with the ignition.

Now I'm the least suspected person ever to get in a confrontation of any kind - in fact, I think the phrase "he wouldn't say boo to a goose" was written for me, but sometimes the red mist comes down and you get taken over by an unknown force!

I dragged this guy halfway out of the car and as he was hanging on to the door pillar I slammed the car door on his fingers as hard as I could. Back to the topic(!), at this point I would have loved to have made a citizens arrest and kept him there until the police arrived. Sadly, when I opened the door for another go, he ran away (hopefully with several broken fingers).

When I phoned the police and told them exactly (honestly) what had just occured, they were spot on and said if they happened to pick up any of their "regular offenders" (in Grantham mostly heroin addicts known to the police) with finger issues they'd be able to link them to the crime.

Can you begin to imagine what would have happened now, 10 years later? I'd be the one in court - probably on assault charges. The law is no longer in favour of us law-abiding citizens......

I wouldnt have bothered with the ol bill back then..justice was half done..(stamping on his legs would have completed job nicely!!)

He got some of what he deserved, you got to keep your car..the ol bill didnt have any paperwork to do..the courts didnt have to waste time and resources on giving him a massive caution.

Everyones a winner baby, thats the truth...

These days however you just have to do 'the right thing'..or youll end up in even more trouble than the criminal as its quite obvious the law (not the police) seems to come down on the victim hard in many cases.

next time vote tory they say they will cut the cra# and give the good guys a pat on the back and the bad guys a kick up the sh########er :LOL:

I wouldnt have bothered with the ol bill back then..justice was half done..(stamping on his legs would have completed job nicely!!)

He got some of what he deserved, you got to keep your car..the ol bill didnt have any paperwork to do..the courts didnt have to waste time and resources on giving him a massive caution.

Everyones a winner baby, thats the truth...

These days however you just have to do 'the right thing'..or youll end up in even more trouble than the criminal as its quite obvious the law (not the police) seems to come down on the victim hard in many cases.

Right again zampa, but if you discounted the prison part of it, i think a criminal record wll begin to mean less, as you get one for leaving your bin out.

I would not have no shame, if i had a criminal record for something i did, that the community agreed with, even though the law didn't. :rolleyes: Have i gone off track? :LOL:

I havnt got any records etc...other than a few speeding fines..(and my mrs had to take my shoes laces off me after that!!) but I wouldnt have a conscience if it was for something like nicking food or coal if my family were starving.

Sponsored Links
Back