Citroen Dispatch Needs a New Engine....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Desperately seeking a replacement engine for my Dad's citroen dispatch. The engine actually only needs a new diesel pump (Lucas DWLP11) - does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Been trawling the internet with no joy and am unable to find a compatible replacement engine (DW8 needed). Help!

Sponsored Links
You could try looking at Peugeot Experts or Fiat Scudos of the same age. I'm lead to believe that the cars are mechanically identical - other than badging. If you take off the cosmetic covers on the tops of the engines, they ought to be the same, but I can't prove this. Might be worth asking round some scrap yards though.

I believe you can fit an XUD engine as a replacement and there are plenty of those about.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help. The van currently have a mechanical diesel pump on it and these seem to be about as rare as Unicorn teeth. Does enyone know if there is a repair kit? Van's been out of action since November and its looking better to scrap it off than buy a new pump - they are so expensive.

If its the same pump as the XUD uses there are lots of secondhand pumps about, but I don't reallyknow as I have not met a DW8 engine. Burnerman :?:

Sponsored Links
Back