Clad stairs in oak board, remove 16mm nosing, Building Regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The loft conversion is nearly complete and shortly the BCO will visit and sign off the works.

Once the works have been signed off and the BCO is gone I would like to clad the basic staircase from 1st floor to loft in oak boards (and also maybe the staircase from ground floor to 1st floor).

I would like to design out the 16mm protruding nosing and create right angled corners on each step. I would fit some sort of Gradus trim to (i) create an anti slip surface and (ii) to hide the joint where the retro boards meet.

When I eventually come to sell the house in maybe 15 years time, will I encounter any problems as the stairs won't have a nosing (assuming the 16mm nosing requirement still exists!). Or is that not how building regulations work? This is my first house so I am very much a newbie in these matters!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
unfortunately the nosings are part off the structure off the stairs so not advisable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back