Very thin oak flooring needed to clad stairs. Does it exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would like to clad a wooden staircase with real oak. Ideally I would like to use a 6 or 7mm board (which I imagine at this thickness will be all wood and no ply). I don't want to use the thicker boards (i.e. 15-20mm).

I was planning to fix the oak layer with proper Sika adhesive.

Q1. Is this product for sale anywhere? Ideally lacquered.

Q2. If not, what is the thinnest board I can get with a real oak top layer (preferably lacquered).

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
We can supply you with 6.2mm unfinished Solid Oak strips/blocks - don't think this thickness comes pre-finished.

Thanks for the reply. I am def interested. Please can I have more details, i.e. sizes. Is there any T&G at this thickness? Also, how difficult is it to cut with 1mm precision? Prices also please!

Thanks

Standard sizes: 6.2 x 71 or 6.2 x 90mm with maximum lengths at 1200mm or in standard "herringbone blocks"

Oak Prime and Oak Rustic. For prices, submit your details here and give us the sq meters needed so we can give you our best price including delivery charges (has to come from The Netherlands)

Sponsored Links
Hi

I would like to clad a wooden staircase with real oak.

You do realize that this is a quick route to a broken neck?
Not when you add these to them:

stairmatMellon1.JPG

Stair mats, ideal for wooden stairs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back