Cladding for Front of House

D553D17C-5ED4-4F0A-BE19-F15DABA8157E.jpeg
Yeah that’s black 150 shiplap cladding.

You can get polyeurthane black shiplap now like in the picture above (they’ve invented everything). It’s a bit weird because even though it’s made of PU, each plank is slightly distorted at ever so slight differences to give it that old wood look and it’s a bit weird to fit. We’re not keen on using a normal plastic co-extruded corner though. For the cost of the stuff you may as well go back to treated and painted feather edge!!

Sponsored Links
Its in the New Forest ,a hint of Northern France Siga 39s with Fortex.. yes ... rubbish picture pinched from google earth..

Sponsored Links
Mine from Euro cell is called Durasid:
IMG_5205.JPG

IMG_5378.JPG

The dormer doesn't look as imposing as I though from on the scaffold so I'm hoping it's even smaller looking from the garden.

My cladding has bowed out in the warm weather :(

IMG_8311.JPG
IMG_8312.JPG

The top one is a double panel that's been cut aroud the window, the bottom one is a full 5mtr length.

Do you think they need a few mm cutting out and a joint over the cut?

I thought it would be stable in all temperatures. Unless the actual dormer has shrunk.

IMG_8360.PNG

anyone using cedral your best to get your self a guillotine no mess perfect cuts

With the darker cladding its best to batten closer together and leave a good 10mm expansion at the ends/on joins.

When it says don’t store in direct sunlight it’s usually because the sun bakes the protective peel onto the product and not because it’s not supposed to be installed in the sun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back