Cladding for Front of House

Hi mate. Can you post some pics when it’s done? We’ve not used this stuff yet
Will do. Its a wee bit tricky to handle (wafts about at 3.6m long and only 10mm thick) so it's going to be fun getting it up on the scaffold. I have never used it either so a learning curve for me too.

Sponsored Links
Cuts fast clean and straight with diamond blade..(tip)
Think yourself lucky it's only that length. Fortex is 5m

I suggest you use a bit of mastic on the laps as it can rattle a bit in the wind if you don't.
You can buy special blades for your mitre saw if you want
a clean cut.

This is the sample of Fortex (or similar) double plank that my builder gave me:

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4994.JPG

The Cedral looks better on google images.

Sponsored Links
Actually, the one above is from Eurocell, this ones the Fortex:
IMG_4187.JPG

It's very similar

We use deeplas embossed. It’s more or less exactly the same as the vortex but it’s 6m

6mtrs sounds good, the dormer is 5.7m wide. I looked for a stockist but they want to put me in touch with an installer.

Decisions, decisions!!! He has priced me for the Eurocell doubles but the Cedral does look better without the smooth/gap bit.

They have already done those:
IMG_4981.JPG

I went to a job of theirs that they did with the Fortex, I'm going to drive past this morning and have another look. I've got the offcut in my hand but I'll never be closer than 5/6mtrs to the dormer.

6mtrs sounds good, the dormer is 5.7m wide. I looked for a stockist but they want to put me in touch with an installer.

Decisions, decisions!!! He has priced me for the Eurocell doubles but the Cedral does look better without the smooth/gap bit.

I’m sure our stockist can ship to Rochdale mate.

I drove past another that looked like smaller boards but I think it might be the thin soffit stuff
IMG_5012.PNG

Looks like normal cladding to me on my phone screen. fortex do singles they cover 170mm I think..never seen the deeplas. But probably won't be cladding much in the future ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back