Clamp Meter??????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone recommend what would be the best clamp meter to buy?

I'm looking at the Di-Log ones and assume i'll need both AC and DC and one with a good milliamp range.

Some of them start at 1mA and some at 10mA i guess starting at 1mA would be better?

Also the top range is either 80A or 1000A again i guess 1000A would be better?

Finally what does true RMS mean is it some sort of average reading?

Cheers

Alex

Sponsored Links
Choice mostly comes down to price.

For domestic work, it's not necessary to go for a True RMS clamp - which isn't an average, it's s highly accurate measure.

1mA res. would give you a chance of tracking down leakage problems, but often the upper range isn't high enough to prevent you from having to buy another clamp. 80A isn't high enough for domestic if you wanted to measure maximum demand on a 100A installation for example. Then again, 100A wouldn't either as you'd probably be measuring max. demand because of the suspicion that 100A is being exceeded.

Some of them start at 1mA and some at 10mA i guess starting at 1mA would be better?

Also the top range is either 80A or 1000A again i guess 1000A would be better?
It depends what you want to use it for. "Best" is fitness for purpose.

Which is best? A Rolls-Royce, a milk float, or a petrol tanker?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back