Clark PLS190 pressure washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi has anyone used one of the above from a normal garden tap supply? The reason I'm asking is clark online manual states that it needs 5 gallons pm inlet supply and I don't know of any garden taps in my area that will produce that amount, I've spoken to clark who have said it will run ok of a garden tap but I don't want to pay out £500 for the machine on the word of someone on the other end of a phone when they are saying different in there manual :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
I wish I could give you a form answer here.......5gpm does seem one hell of an input!
The only thing I can say is that I've never had pump damage with low inputs....lack of performance certainly but nothing more.
This includes testing after repairs to machines from 4 to 20 hp.
I'm basing my theory that many machines can use their own water suction to give them feed, and that can't be near that figure.
What water delivery can your tap give you, minus hose?
John :)

Thanks for your reply john, I have a very high water pressure where I live probably near 15 ltrs pm, but where I will be using the machine will be a lot lower maybe 50%, bearing in mind this machine has a flow rate of 12 ltrs pm I am stunned that the makers state in there manual that it needs 5 gallons pm input?? Maybe I'm missing something but the figures don't seem to work? Unless there is unless there is adjustment on the machine for lower flow rates :?:

I had noticed, looking at the other machine specifications, that their output was in the region of 15l per minute - and that was for the bigger engines.
I also noticed that the 5 gal per min input was only at 20 psi which is much lower than most mains water pressure!
I'm wondering if there was something missing in the translation when the instructions were printed?
Only my opinion but I think I'd risk the purchase.

Sponsored Links
Yes my thoughts as well about the possible printing error, I think I may go for it because correct me if I'm wrong if you turn the machine pressure down then I'm assuming the machine will not need as much water :?:

Are you referring to the Clarke PLS190N?

Their on-line catalogue says it has an output of 12.6 litres which is only 2.5 gallons.

Are you referring to the Clarke PLS190N?

Their on-line catalogue says it has an output of 12.6 litres which is only 2.5 gallons.
Yes I know and it also says it need 5 gals pm to feed it which dosen't make sense?

Just for interest, I'm repairing a huge commercial Karcher at the moment.......with a diesel heater and a 1" delivery hose.
That works fine from my 'normal' garden tap, and this machine must deliver more pressurised water than any domestic washer.
I'm sure your machine requirements aren't correct, at 5 gpm.

Hi john, I bought the pls190 in the end and did a 4 hour job yesterday, seems ok at moment😜 but having worked a lot on motorcycle engines in the past find there recommended oil (sae30 mineral) a bit strange when there are some good quality synthetic oils around, what do you think? Also would you use the same oil for the pump?

Its fairly rare to find a base mineral oil these days, and their primary use was to remain stable during the extreme temperatures found in air cooled engines.
Pump wise, I use a 10/40 or 15/40 semi synthetic and have no problems. I do like to change the oil fairly frequently though, as it does emulsify.
Do lets know how you find this machine - it seems good value!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back