Classic F.M

I like the tune, but I hate playing it. It requires such control throughout, until about the penultimate bar when the climax comes.
You get a little opportunity to play louder, then die off so quick, it's all over.
There's others that need nearly so much control, but there's much more movement, e.g. Handel's Sarabande:

Sponsored Links
A.A gave us a rousing start to the week, playing Carmina Burana so i looked for the opening to de Ponnelle's iconic film...but found the full version instead. Enjoy.

A.A gave us a rousing start to the week, playing Carmina Burana so i looked for the opening to de Ponnelle's iconic film...but found the full version instead. Enjoy.

Iconic isn't it.

There's a couple of other iconic pieces with similar openings: slow tempo for about 4 bars, followed by faster tempos.
Bella Ciao - which predates Carmina Burana. My aplogies to any Italians offended by this song. It was a song adopted by anti-fascists following WW2.
And Gam Gam, an Israeli piece writen to commemorate the Holocaust, and was a film soundtrack. Made number 1 in Italy.

The song Bella Ciao rang a bell and i remembered it being sung by one of the gang members robbing the bank in 'Money Heist'. Fine tune after a few vino's.(y)

Sponsored Links
One hundred years after Beethoven achieved the pinnacle of symphonic music the likes of Stravinsky had broken the harmony of that genius and created much discord in the world. The gods were most displeased by this state of mind...so they decided to jazz up an orchestra and make the world swing once again.

:cool:

One hundred years after Beethoven achieved the pinnacle of symphonic music the likes of Stravinsky had broken the harmony of that genius and created much discord in the world. The gods were most displeased by this state of mind...so they decided to jazz up an orchestra and make the world swing once again.

:cool:
A fantastic piece of music, especially the clarinet glissando and muted trumpet opening.
The cartoon adds a bit of enjoyment, but more the wonder of synching the cartoon to the music.

Thanks for that.

A fantastic piece of music, especially the clarinet glissando and muted trumpet opening.
The cartoon adds a bit of enjoyment, but more the wonder of synching the cartoon to the music.

Thanks for that.
I was about to post the version from 'The King of Jazz' but the sound was odd and the colour just weird. The 'toon throws in all the elements of American society when the piece was written. Amazing to think it's about to celebrate its centenary. Jazz is like the missing link between the old Classical world and the Modern Age...without Ryhthm and Blues there'd be no Rock n' Roll.

Well, if you can make Tim Wetherspoon a knight of the realm and turn the Moon Under the Water into wine then why not serve a nice chilled Chianti in pint pots (with little crowns) to the paying punters at Glyndebourne. :D

Sponsored Links
Back