clay soil, waterlogged grass, and car parking.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 questions really, I suppose.

I have clay soil - every winter, my back lawn turns from grass, to mud/moss, and water. Very slippy, very annoying.

I've been in contact with a grass company who've suggested a mix that should do well in the conditions, but we have rabbits, children, and I'm not the most able. Right now, the place is treacherous.

Has anyone tried this "ground reinforcing mesh" I see around? The stuff you lay down on a roll, and seed through? I'm wondering if that'd ease the slippery mud issue, while reinforcing the ground and protecting the new seed/grass while it's growing and stop it being taken back to mud.

And my other Q: In the back garden, I have a linered, gravelled area where I park the Astra - this is rutting badly. If I got some of the rigid "paving mesh", and laid this on top of the liner, then filled it with the gravel, would this hold a car, in anyone's opinion? I just don't want to find myself bogged down in my own garden.. :)

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
by liner i assume you mean some sort of membrane?

A driveway or parking area needs a properly compacted hardcore sub base ideally 150mm deep.

If yours is simple gravel on a membrane then it has no hope.

As for the lawn there is no magic bullet. Artificial grass may suit in this application. Is it a big area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back