Clean/dirty electricity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question.

I was talking to a spark yesterday and he mentioned "Clean" and "Dirty" electrics in a supermarkets.

can anyone shed some light on this please?

Sponsored Links
Good read. I learnt all about Quantum physics last year with the OU so what my parents said all those years ago was right. What I learn in school will come in handy some day.

I take it all the checkouts etc are fed by this supply. He's taking me around next week to have a look so at least I know a bit about it now.

Thanks for you help.

The checkouts will probably be fed by some kind of online ups, or at least some filtering, I assume thats what he could mean... not just a clean earth... but a clean phase and neutral as well

Normally have different sockets on the end to stop people plugging vacuum cleaners in!

Sponsored Links
He did mention about plugging heaters into the other "dirty" circuit at the checkouts and blowing the fuses.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back