Part P. Confusion encore...

Damocles said:
If you want to know about electrics, always get a leaflet from B&Q. :evil:
Sshh, children, here comes the B&Q sparky..

1109098797_B&QMAN.jpg

isn't he a funny man...

Especially when it was still Block and Qayle
It's now Bodger & Quack, isn't it?

Sponsored Links
Confuzzled - Jo Public? Never!
I have seen the list of notifiable and non-notifiable works - yadayadayada.
So I can add sockets to an existing circuit (as long as it's not in a "special" location), or replace existing cables that are damaged. BUT...what does extending a ring count as?
I was in discussion with a local "competant" electrician, member of a scheme etc etc and he was of the opinion that extending a ring counted as new circuit and required notification/certification and compliance with part P. (or ,if looked at another way - lots of money going towards his villa in the sun!!!)
Any thoughts - or is it just another example of how muddled things have become?

Sponsored Links
Probably a new circuit is a new mcb in the CU. So get one with lots of spares already. I do not think that extending a ring is a new circuit. But it might count as affecting the protective device, which is notifiable. But then agin, realistically it could not be interpreted that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back