cleaning up old hex tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 50-yr-old hex tile in my bathroom didn't weather our remodeling project too well. Because this bathroom was one of the few rooms left untouched, it was used as something like a utility closet for the duration.
Now that the crew is gone, I can see this use didn't go over well with my old tile.
I've been using a razor blade to scrape off what looks like drips of stain or polyurethane (they refinished some woodwork in there, but apparently didn't use a dropcloth). But how to get the splotches of dripped grout off? That's not coming off with my blade. Also, the whole thing just looks really dingy and stained. It never looked perfect, but the imperfection was of the "gives it character" sort. Now the imperfection is of the "wow, do you ever clean your floor?" sort.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Find someone who does marble refinishing. The same machines that resurface marble could do the same for porcelain ceramic mosaics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back