Clever bloke that Bloomberg.....

In a financial sense money is a form of energy, the point I was making was that if you lose money someone else has to gain from it
You could not be more wrong. In terms of stock or share prices the money is fictitious. It can dissappear as easily as it appears.

I see you still have no links to any of your claims. Typical RWR bulls hit.(y)

Sponsored Links
You could not be more wrong. In terms of stock or share prices the money is fictitious. It can dissappear as easily as it appears.

I see you still have no links to any of your claims. Typical RWR bulls hit.(y)

Im sure theres a few on here think its a zero sum game

If you had a million pounds in foreign currency, and that currency devalues by 20%, where has your money gone?

If you had a thousand pounds invested in National Grid shares a year ago, where would 17.22% of your wealth have gone?

If you owned an apartment in a luxury block near London's money markets, and the traders all moved to Frankfurt, where would half the value of your flat have gone?

If Krugerrands were retailing at £1147 a year ago, and now it's £1059, where did the difference go?

I have a warehouse full of pumpkins. Last week the price was climbing and I held on hoping for more gains. Today they're worthless. Where has my investment gone?

Why can't I sell the bonds issued by the Imperial Russian Railway Company of Vladivostok that my great-grand-dad left me?

In 1958, £450 was enough to buy a car. You put the money under the floorboards. It won't buy a car today. Where did its value go?

Sponsored Links
If you had a million pounds in foreign currency, and that currency devalues by 20%, where has your money gone?

If you had a thousand pounds invested in National Grid shares a year ago, where would 17.22% of your wealth have gone?

If you owned an apartment in a luxury block near London's money markets, and the traders all moved to Frankfurt, where would half the value of your flat have gone?

If Krugerrands were retailing at £1147 a year ago, and now it's £1059, where did the difference go?

I have a warehouse full of pumpkins. Last week the price was climbing and I held on hoping for more gains. Today they're worthless. Where has my investment gone?

Why can't I sell the bonds issued by the Imperial Russian Railway Company of Vladivostok that my great-grand-dad left me?

In 1958, £450 was enough to buy a car. You put the money under the floorboards. It won't buy a car today. Where did its value go?

What is the point you are making?

What is the point you are making?
Vinty tried to liken money to matter or energy. He just neglected to factor in the fact that the value of items can both increase or decrease depending upon the demand for such items. This is where money can either be created out of thin air or disappear without a whiff. JohnD gave some examples.(y)

Have you not been following this thread?

the value of items can both increase or decrease depending upon the demand for such items. This is where money can either be created out of thin air or disappear without a whiff. JohnD gave some examples.(y)
That's not really true, is it?

If the value of something you own goes down, the money is still with the person from whom it was bought, and vice versa.

If you sell it at the reduced price the buyer will keep the difference.

No, it isn't really.

The money in circulation is stiil the same; it's just you who made a loss.

What about this bit coin caper ? must admit I do not really get it but

some one bought some bit coins (?) a few years back & the value of em has gone through the roof, he has made thousands out of it

What about this bit coin caper ? must admit I do not really get it but

some one bought some bit coins (?) a few years back & the value of em has gone through the roof, he has made thousands out of it

You need them if you buy on the dark web :)

That's not really true, is it?

If the value of something you own goes down, the money is still with the person from whom it was bought, and vice versa.

If you sell it at the reduced price the buyer will keep the difference.
Most of the examples that John used were not 'goods'. It was currency.

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire media mogul and former mayor of New York, has said Brexit is the “single stupidest thing any country has ever done”

Not too clever when he makes a dumb statement like that.
Bloomberg needs a few lessons from james dyson and Lord Bomford.
And of course he needs a few lessons from ordinary folk in the UK who have seen their local areas transformed by foreign bred slackers.

Most of the examples that John used were not 'goods'. It was currency.

Currency can be something you own that goes down in value. You only lose money when sell, otherwise its a paper loss.

Johns post was of course a remoaners rant

Sponsored Links
Back