Mainstream media

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little girl leaning into a lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?

The biker replies, "I'm a U.S. Marine, a Republican and I voted for Trump".

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads on the front page:

** U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH. **

And THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days.

Sponsored Links
You'd be better off tuning into an Alt-right fascist media outlet to get your daily arousal. Much better suited for Trump fans. Why bother with truth and facts, the RWR and Trump never bother.(y)
Who said i was a Trump fan ? Replace “Trump” with “Anyone” it still sums up the MSM.

The media has been bias for years.. as well as sensationalist. It sells papers which is all they care about.

Sponsored Links
Who said i was a Trump fan ? Replace “Trump” with “Anyone” it still sums up the MSM.

As I said, if you want a daily dose of lies and fascism...
You'd be better off tuning into an Alt-right fascist media outlet to get your daily arousal. Much better suited for Trump fans. Why bother with truth and facts, the RWR and Trump never bother.(y)

Often the truth can be too painful for the RWR.

I choose to read the news but take it with a pinch of salt. Others read and believe and QUOTE anything. As if it's what they wrote.

I make my own mind up in what I believe. I'm told by the same old remainers that I should not have an opinion unless I read and believe all this fake news that's doing the rounds

You have just admitted that you voted to leave merely as a mindless protest.

So you made up your mind to ignore the facts and vote on what you thought, even though your thoughts were nothing to do with the facts nor the vote.

So you made up your mind to ignore the facts and vote on what you thought, even though your thoughts were nothing to do with the facts nor the vote.
Boddggdd has admitted as much in another thread.(y)

Boddggdd has admitted as much in another thread.(y)

I'm sticking with my vote as still no one is listening.. You need to aim this at Notch. His vote still counts as much as mine.

I'm still for changing but you and your cronies are not listening.

You better hurry

And THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days

The story you tell is of the media being anti Right wing.

UK media is biased towards the right.

Daily Mail,
Express
Sun
Telegraph

The tabloids being highly jingoistic in style.

The BBC is seen as biased to left and right

The influence of newspapers is waning, younger people get their news from social media -Labour did very well in the last election with their momentum activists on SM.

Other online media: its full of 'think tanks' -they cant be trusted.

MSM journos get a lot of biased Brexit stuff from Open Europe -its the source of bendy banana stuff

Last edited:
I'm sticking with my vote as still no one is listening..

So you'll continue doing something that has not helped. And continues not to help.

Good luck with that.

So you'll continue doing something that has not helped. And continues not to help.

Good luck with that.

Are you suggesting thst everyone should agree with you. I had this Chat with the Sod.... Isn't this communism

Are you suggesting thst everyone should agree with you. I had this Chat with the Sod.... Isn't this communism

Given the vast bulk of experts from a wide range of sectors considers Brexit of all forms to be damaging, I would say its less like communism and more like common sense.

We can argue about whether the EU is, or is not, democratic, protectionist, political etc etc, however what counts is whether leaving will mean going to a better place.

And all the evidence suggests it is not better.

We can leave on no deal -that means joining WTO, with no trade agreements so thats like starting 40 years of negotiation from scratch.

Or we can stay in the customs union / single market -but that is a less democratic place because we wont have any say in the rules.

And any other deal that doesnt inculde the customs union leaves the risk of losing Ireland or breaking the Good Friday agreement.

Thefe are no good forms of Brexit.

That is why Boris and chums dont talk about why we are leaving, only when or how.

I choose to read the news but take it with a pinch of salt. Others read and believe and QUOTE anything. As if it's what they wrote.

I make my own mind up in what I believe. I'm told by the same old remainers that I should not have an opinion unless I read and believe all this fake news that's doing the rounds
- Dunning-Kruger effect

Sponsored Links
Back