Click Accessories Rant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
<rant>
I quite like the Click Scolmore mini grid system of mix and matching switches and modules in one plate, however click surface boxes are totally carp!
The back of them protrudes slightly so they don't sit flat on the wall, the knock outs are too big meaning you end up with unsightly gaps, and to top things off, yesterday I tried fitting a dual box next to a single box, the knock outs don't line up, meaning getting the hacksaw out and carefully cutting new ones in!
MK is carp too now I think. Crabtree is very good quality sockets and switches but don't do a Minigrid system, and isn't readily available in my local wholesalers anymore.
In an ideal world id I use Crabtree boxes with click accessories, but I bet the colours or corners won't match!
/<rant>

Sponsored Links
Corners definitely won't match. I still stick to MK surface boxes because they match logic plus, but they are AWFUL to work with.

I really don't like click at all. I've had real problems with them. Things like twin sockets which only work on one out of the two outlets, 2 way and intermediate modules being different shapes, knackered terminal screws. The list goes on but the mini grid has got me out of a hole on a few occasions especially the 6 gang switch which fits a standard twin box.

Sponsored Links
I really don't like click at all. I've had real problems with them. Things like twin sockets which only work on one out of the two outlets, 2 way and intermediate modules being different shapes, knackered terminal screws. The list goes on but the mini grid has got me out of a hole on a few occasions especially the 6 gang switch which fits a standard twin box.
Now you mention it, I too have had problems with twin sockets only working in one side. Also had a problem with a light switxh screw terminal not tightening.
So I agree the quality could certainly be improved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back